Help - Lost Nem

muhnandr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I brought home my first nem last evening. Placed it in a nice spot, turned flow down a bit, and it seemed to be doing fine. This morning when I woke up, it had made its way into my pump and didn’t make it. I have Maxspect Gyre 350s and I had the protective netting on the pump. It seemed to have gotten stuck in the netting and pulled into the pump somehow. How do I prevent this from happening again with these pumps? Thanks

brandon clow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first night I usually go into a random mode and at the lowest setting. I know others say not to change anything from your usual routine but its kept me safe from pumps ingesting nems even when they have decided to float to the other side of the tank.

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say it didn’t make it, did the entire animal go through the pump and get shredded?

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you didn't yet toss it, you could try to recover it. I had one that was partially shredded, but enough of it was intact for it to be nursed back to health.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back