Help needed again please - trachy in bad shape

damselindistress

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2017
Messages
464
Reaction score
662
Location
Knoxville
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a few weeks back I posted about this same trachy, whether to reposition him or not - ultimately I left him alone based on the advice I received. At that time he was doing well, magnificent really. He’s been in the tank a couple months and has always been in top form.

About 10 days ago I noticed he had deflated down very tightly and remained that way for a few days. I read that sometimes they do this so I didn’t get overly concerned. Then I noticed that he was turning brown around his inner lip where his polyps hide. I feared bjd so I touched it lightly and found it to be hard and dry, like super dried out leather.

I’ve been monitoring and feeding, he still throws his feeders every night and still accepts food (frozen my sis, etc). A couple days ago it seemed like he was improving, he continues to inflate and deflate but this a.m. I get up to find these little white specks on his tissue, the tissue that appears dead/damaged. What is this, a fungus??

I have a second trachy that’s doing perfectly fine so I know it’s not necessarily a water condition unconducive to trachys.

Please help!! No other corals or fish are showing any issues except for a Duncan that hates me.

Current params
450 calc
8.6 alk
1.026 salinity
77.8 temp
 
Forgot pics

C76B24C3-C09A-4F78-B680-5F680F79A066.jpeg


2DF9D8D1-0101-4710-A8DC-68FAC976E64B.jpeg


990E5724-8315-40B6-821D-D4A87E16FBC2.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new