Help! Ornate Leopard Wrasse seems stressed

Kuhn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help!
I moved recently and I had to get rid of a lot of my mature sand as I was moving several states away.

I tried to preserve my mature live rock but I'm sure my tank has been set back drastically due to the move...

My Ornate Leopard Wrasse was doing great prior to the move and seemed healthy. I have now settled at my new place with new sand but with the same live rock and noticed my Leopard Wrasse is doing this... laying on top of the sand and not moving much. It did bury a couple times the last few days but today it's just out in this corner and it seems stressed out...

What can I do? I couldn't avoid this move and I tried my best to preserve what I could when I had to take the tank down

Is it doing this because its resettling in?
I had the tank set back up for about 5 days now. I'm just worried the tank won't be back up and mature enough for him to survive.
I'm going to the LFS now to get some copepods in hopes I can bring his energy back up

What should I do? I'm so worried :(

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not sure - without parameters - anyone can answer - what are you're ammonia/nitrates/nitrites (Nitrites are not a problem as far as toxicity - however there is value in knowing the value. ). To answer your questions: 1. It could be settling in. 2. Without parameters it's impossible to say what's going on. There is no magic about a tank up for 6 months or a tank up for 6 days. 3. You need to measure your parameters - copepods IMHO is not the answer - fish can go days with no food. I hope this helps. If I were you I would be buying Fritz 9000 or a similar product - and carefully testing your water

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back