Help with flow for SPS in 150 gallon

  • Thread starter Thread starter nbd13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nbd13

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 26, 2018
Messages
652
Reaction score
317
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Lately I’m wondering if I have enough flow...

150 gallon 5’x2’x2’

Pretty open rockwork.

I have 3 MP40’s 2 up high, one on each side and one in the back right down low to keep detritus our from the backwall and rocks.

I have the left high and right low set to reefcrest with the right high one on antisync so it’s opposite. They range from 30-80% at any give time.

I also have a cor20 with a return on each side of the tank. I have flow meters on each return and get 380 gph and 350 gph for a total of 730 gph extra.

I’ll attach a picture so you can see. Do you think this is enough flow? Don’t think I have any dead spots, I see my torch and frogspawn which are in between the 2 islands tentacles blowing all over, but don’t see the polyps on sps moving too much.

Thoughts? Add another MP40? Or should i be good?

E4FBE43B-B211-4C2B-95CF-AF9D99680D0C.jpeg
 
I would say start with some sps and then see how it works. 3 MP40 should get you going, but you could use another MP40 or icecap for sure.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new