Help with ID

atul176

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2021
Messages
207
Reaction score
85
Location
maryland
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I suffered a prorocentrum bout a few months back and it has come and gone in a few patches since, but now I noticed this red stringy stuff that eerily looks like an increase in Dino. I put it under a microscope but I couldn’t really identify anything. I attached a video!
#reefsquad
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3663.MOV
    37.7 MB
Was the light on your microscope lighting the slide from above? Was there a cover slip on the slide?

What I can see looks like probable cyano. Not enough magnification/detail to be able to see if there is anything else mixed with it.

Can you take some pictures of your tank under white light and try another slide. On the new slide, break up the mat more thoroughly if you can. I use a pipette and suck it in and out of the pipette rapidly several times. Then put one drop on the slide and add the cover slip.
 
I agree with @saltyhog Can you retake some pics with a slide cover on the sample? I don't see any dinos swimming about in that small clip, though. Mostly looks like cyano possibly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new