Help with year old skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter bmooney31
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bmooney31

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2010
Messages
123
Reaction score
0
Location
kansas city
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Aqua Euro classic 135 on my 55 gallon tank and sump. IT was working just fine until about three weeks ago. The water level in the skimmer rises on it's own. I have it lower to the lowest water level and then in 30 minutes the water level rises and flows out the overflow spot. IT never get to the collection cup. Does anyone know a reason why this could be happening. I havent changed anything in my tank or sump.
 
Have you cleaned out the venturi to make sure its not clogged with salt creep. And have you opened up the pump to see if there is anything in it?
 
No I haven't opened the pump. That's my next step. Where is the Venturi on the skimmer? Sorry to sound like a noob.
 
It's the part on the front of the pump that has a little nipple on it for the plastic airline... Try cleaning the airline while your at it....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new