Help!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aquagirl
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Aquagirl

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2016
Messages
12
Reaction score
6
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the second time one of my clown fish have mysteriously gone missing.

I have - excuse me...HAD! - 2 clown fish, a fire shrimp, Kenya tree, and mini carpet

Who's the culprit?!?!? I have a murderer!

image.jpg
 
Carpet. They are known for eating fish. My guess is that the clowns keep trying to host it but it's not a suitable host for them amd when the fish get stung it can't move and it eats it
 
Yes it is. When it first happened I checked everyone for my little guy! Definitely not in the chambers
 
I agree....I'd look in chambers....and for carpet surfers......However, carpet anemones are fish eaters.


Wait.....I just took another look at the picture. That looks like a mini/maxi anemone. And yes, it's a small version of a carpet....but I'm not sure if that guy could "swallow" a clown.
 
Ive had every fish in my biocube jump in the rear chambers before lol its like 60% possible your maxi ate him but you wouldve deffinitly seen it considering the nem is kindof small. You always have the lid on the tank right? Maybe hes crammed up in a rock somewere. If not keep looking but in the meantime check your ammonia level
 
This looks like a relatively new system. If you started your system with live rock you might have had a gorilla crab or a mantis shrimp hitchhike in if fish isn't in rear chambers or dried up on the floor.
 
Probably about 2-3 weeks ago. Yeah, lid is always on unless I'm feeding or doing water change. But no sign of fish on the floor or in the chambers. And last time I was so convinced he had to be on the floor or back chambers, but no sign at all.
 
Probably about 2-3 weeks ago. Yeah, lid is always on unless I'm feeding or doing water change. But no sign of fish on the floor or in the chambers. And last time I was so convinced he had to be on the floor or back chambers, but no sign at all.
Test for ammonia, gunna want to make sure the little fella didnt pass.
 
I have two percula's that chronically find themselves a way into my overflow box. I have one that I found in the drip tray of my wet/dry tray after being missing for days just getting his gills barely wet. That fish is amazingly still alive today! :eek: True Nemo.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new