OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost track of your build thread. Good to see your corals looking so good after that PG+E outtage. Love the picture of that wrasse flared up.
Thanks man! Yea things seemed to bounce back pretty quick from that, I was lucky. Lost a lot of fish but the coral was resilient. Things are doing better than ever now, I’m loving my 90 lately.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super pretty. Both were great choice! I’ll take frags of anything you want to sure too. ;)
Lol, when I send your jackolantern I plan to fill the box to the brim with misc. frags. ;Happy

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, when I send your jackolantern I plan to fill the box to the brim with misc. frags. ;Happy
#winning

CC46E78C-4FD8-4AB6-BBC1-2E85CE94EB4A.gif

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man! Yea things seemed to bounce back pretty quick from that, I was lucky. Lost a lot of fish but the coral was resilient. Things are doing better than ever now, I’m loving my 90 lately.
Thats awesome! Its looking great.
I was thinking about your tank on Saturday when i drove by your town on the way back from the coral farmers market.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats awesome! Its looking great.
I was thinking about your tank on Saturday when i drove by your town on the way back from the coral farmers market.
Ah we should of coordinated! I would of gave you free frags!

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only pics I get of my purple filamented are photobombs, fidgety little things! ;)

DSC09184 (1024x768).jpg
Very! Haha.
Your pic looks like an Ad for a Public Aquarium! Good lord! Well done. That is so full of life, amazing.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you had to pick one scoly, trachy, or lobo, what would you pick? Why?
Good question! If the tank was really big I would go trachy willsoni, they get so big and the rainbow ones are such a center piece coral. Scolys are great in smaller tanks or a smaller spot that you want to fill but are less colorful for the price compared to trachys. Lobos I’d stay away from just because they can and will devour nearby corals, I have one but I keep it very far from everything, so far that I can’t even see it to enjoy it lol. If you have a big tank lobos are fine because you can give it a lot of distance, otherwise it’s kind of risky. I also prefer the feeding response scolys and trachys have, they are great at eating food, feeding lobos takes a little more finesse Ime.
So I’d pick scoly, most versatile to tank size, not a serious danger to nearby corals, doesn’t grow super fast or get that big, fun to feed if you’re into that sort of thing; only downside is price.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good question! If the tank was really big I would go trachy willsoni, they get so big and the rainbow ones are such a center piece coral. Scolys are great in smaller tanks or a smaller spot that you want to fill but are less colorful for the price compared to trachys. Lobos I’d stay away from just because they can and will devour nearby corals, I have one but I keep it very far from everything, so far that I can’t even see it to enjoy it lol. If you have a big tank lobos are fine because you can give it a lot of distance, otherwise it’s kind of risky. I also prefer the feeding response scolys and trachys have, they are great at eating food, feeding lobos takes a little more finesse Ime.
So I’d pick scoly, most versatile to tank size, not a serious danger to nearby corals, doesn’t grow super fast or get that big, fun to feed if you’re into that sort of thing; only downside is price.
Thank you. With the expo coming up, I may run across one at a good price.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back