OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build thread, and a great outcome! I admire the patience in setting it up just right from the get. I hope to take the kind of time and prep on my next (bigger) reef. Looks awesome!
Thanks a lot dude! Yours is looking great to! Looking back I should of planned certain aspects more than I did. Like the plumbing.. lol. But over all its coming together pretty good, I wish things would grow quicker.. lol.

Last edited:

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot dude! Yours is looking great to! Looking back I should I planned certain aspects more than I did. Like the plumbing.. lol. But over all its coming together pretty good, I wish things would grow quicker.. lol.
Dont we all wish they would grow faster! It gives us time to research and get comfortable with fragging. Lol

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just gotta post about how happy I am with my new skimmer. It is 1000x better than my old one. My old one I would have to constantly be worried about the collection cup, it would overflow randomly then not collect anything for a few days, real finicky. This new one was straight plug and play. I haven’t dumped the collection cup in 5 days. This gives me so much more peace of mind not having to worry about my cup overflowing all the time. I went through every possibility with the eSsence, no luck after 6 months.
THIS is some quality skim!
CC66E700-39C7-402B-A171-2F3CF33251FB.jpeg

That is some straight up TAR!!! Who needs their potholes filled!?

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nac3.5 would fit ours. I googled since you are so happy with yours.
I really am impressed. I’m not one to put some product on a pedestal like these dang instagrammers :eek::confused:. I am truely blown away with how much “better” it is compared to a RO. Hopefully the longevity is good as well!

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish we had a way to make a wish list in our profile. It would be easier down the road to remember stuff that other people have recommended.
That’s a great idea !

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish we had a way to make a wish list in our profile. It would be easier down the road to remember stuff that other people have recommended.

This is a great idea!

GabeM

King of... something.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just gotta post about how happy I am with my new skimmer. It is 1000x better than my old one. My old one I would have to constantly be worried about the collection cup, it would overflow randomly then not collect anything for a few days, real finicky. This new one was straight plug and play. I haven’t dumped the collection cup in 5 days. This gives me so much more peace of mind not having to worry about my cup overflowing all the time. I went through every possibility with the eSsence, no luck after 6 months.
THIS is some quality skim!
CC66E700-39C7-402B-A171-2F3CF33251FB.jpeg

That is some straight up TAR!!! Who needs their potholes filled!?

You didn't have any luck with the essence? I'm getting a nice thick skim but it's only the first week or so.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%

Back