Hi I'm a new reefer

nick76lebanon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there my name's Nick and I just started my first reef tank about a month and a half ago. I had been reading a ton about reef tanks and watching videos on everything I needed to know and then my school closed down for the quarantine and I was bored so I sort of impulse bought a 75 gallon tank and started working on it as a way to keep myself entertained. I did a sort of weird set up in the very beginning where one half of the tank was live rocks and corals, and the other half of the tank was this big sunken log looking thing with fake plants on it and in the middle was a ship wreck. I have sense replaced the log with more rocks and have placed a few different corals in that corner but I do still like the look of my ship wreck in the middle so I think its here to stay. I bought a pair of regular clownfish from my local petco and I had them alone in there for about two weeks before I added in a few damsels and snails. Currently in my tank I have five clown fish, a yellow tang, three cardinals, a coral beauty angel, four damsels, and a bicolor blenny. I have two three zoanthid frags which im trying to make into a little garden, a favia, an Aussie lord, clove corals, a Duncan, and a torch coral. I also bought a couple different anemones as well for my clown fish. So far I haven't had any deaths yet and im kind of proud of myself for that. Currently im running a canister filter on my tank but im saving up some money so I can add a sump onto it later. Im also using the Qmaven II 6800 lights on my tank because I liked that it was all one system for a pretty good price. If anyone has any suggestions, questions, or just wants to say hi leave a response :)

60995913228__65FC843F-BF8A-46CE-8A12-5A5BCAB7FCBF.JPG

GILLty Guppy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there my name's Nick and I just started my first reef tank about a month and a half ago. I had been reading a ton about reef tanks and watching videos on everything I needed to know and then my school closed down for the quarantine and I was bored so I sort of impulse bought a 75 gallon tank and started working on it as a way to keep myself entertained. I did a sort of weird set up in the very beginning where one half of the tank was live rocks and corals, and the other half of the tank was this big sunken log looking thing with fake plants on it and in the middle was a ship wreck. I have sense replaced the log with more rocks and have placed a few different corals in that corner but I do still like the look of my ship wreck in the middle so I think its here to stay. I bought a pair of regular clownfish from my local petco and I had them alone in there for about two weeks before I added in a few damsels and snails. Currently in my tank I have five clown fish, a yellow tang, three cardinals, a coral beauty angel, four damsels, and a bicolor blenny. I have two three zoanthid frags which im trying to make into a little garden, a favia, an Aussie lord, clove corals, a Duncan, and a torch coral. I also bought a couple different anemones as well for my clown fish. So far I haven't had any deaths yet and im kind of proud of myself for that. Currently im running a canister filter on my tank but im saving up some money so I can add a sump onto it later. Im also using the Qmaven II 6800 lights on my tank because I liked that it was all one system for a pretty good price. If anyone has any suggestions, questions, or just wants to say hi leave a response :)

60995913228__65FC843F-BF8A-46CE-8A12-5A5BCAB7FCBF.JPG
Welcome!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back