Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Video is too nice not to share. The PE is insane this morning on the main tank. I wonder why it is better some days then others...

Crazy PE days are the best days!

Natedogg1978

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys after 3 years I feel like this tank is decent enough and need to start a new tank... I set up a new 120 Gallon Display tank with some bonsai tree Rock work and plan to select some frags from the main display for this new tenuis grow out. its going to be a long journey replicating the main system parameters and growing the selected frags out. I am also excited to see how the radian g5s compare to the g4s. In the current tank they are grown using the g4s and the new tank will be the g5s.

6.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

5.jpg

ZgPF2HJ4.jpeg

3.jpeg

1.jpeg

4.jpeg
5.jpeg
6.jpeg
7.jpeg
8.jpeg
9.jpeg
10.jpeg
11.jpeg
12.jpeg
13.jpeg
14.jpeg
2.jpeg

1.jpeg

jI6qLVjU.jpeg

ES5tR27w.jpeg

pB_5euFo.jpeg

teMefT6A.jpeg

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

hoarder.jpg

full tank.jpg

Below is the new 120 Gallon Display tank with the Bonsai Tree branches. this is the tank that will get the new frah cutting. Will be fun to see them grow and crust onto the branches :)

jungle.jpg
How many snails?

TankCandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   1
Thanks for sharing. They all look like woolly mammoths lol. I wonder if the snails are spawning at night causing a feeding response.

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
How many snails?
way to many a lot of them died and slipped upside down and rotted in the tank LOL this also may be why the po4 is super high. I took them all out though a few months before I tested but be carful of rotting dead snails if you put too many

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Thanks for sharing. They all look like woolly mammoths lol. I wonder if the snails are spawning at night causing a feeding response.
not sure but i never seen this before and do look at the coral at night i think maybe i would have seen some cloudy water from the breeding.

TexasTodd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested in the filling of the 5 gallon bucket with skimmate. System total gallons and how many days to fill bucket is what I'd like to know.
Thanks!

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Interested in the filling of the 5 gallon bucket with skimmate. System total gallons and how many days to fill bucket is what I'd like to know.
Thanks!
Will update this soon. with pics.. its a 360 gallon system.. :) it has been about 4 days and the bucket is 75% full i think maybe 4 more days and it will be full a lot of fish poop lol.. i am really wondering if this drops the po4 i have not tested it gain yet.

merereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Video is too nice not to share. The PE is insane this morning on the main tank. I wonder why it is better some days then others...

Beautiful... how do you like to run your flow?? Like what modes.. position of powerheads how strong etc and what do you look for when trying to perfect flow in a reef for sps

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Beautiful... how do you like to run your flow?? Like what modes.. position of powerheads how strong etc and what do you look for when trying to perfect flow in a reef for sps
We use Ecotec MP40s. we have them on random all day long with all different schedules and intensities. The idea is to get as much random flow. I dont think Tenuis love alot of flow actually. i notice when the pumps get clogged with algae it creates less flow and the PE on the tenuis seem better. Once I clean all the algae the pumps become super powerful and the PE on the corals is less. I think over a nice Gentle Mello flow is the best

merereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We use Ecotec MP40s. we have them on random all day long with all different schedules and intensities. The idea is to get as much random flow. I dont think Tenuis love alot of flow actually. i notice when the pumps get clogged with algae it creates less flow and the PE on the tenuis seem better. Once I clean all the algae the pumps become super powerful and the PE on the corals is less. I think over a nice Gentle Mello flow is the best
Thank youuuuu

MentalNote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting observation. I see the same similar results with some acros I have. PE and seeming growth gets better when I neglect MP40 pump maintenance.

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at your goodies on the sale today and see some nice yellows coming in on your BkChem Crack Juice. Is this with higher light for ya? Mine is still pretty green from back in the original release time - 8” down from the surface.

Almost ordered the Fruit Loops and a Jolt but I was too slow

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Thank youuuuu

I was looking at your goodies on the sale today and see some nice yellows coming in on your BkChem Crack Juice. Is this with higher light for ya? Mine is still pretty green from back in the original release time - 8” down from the surface.

Almost ordered the Fruit Loops and a Jolt but I was too slow

I run all my corals at 450 par radian lighting. there is still a jolt on the site you can snatch up!

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Interesting observation. I see the same similar results with some acros I have. PE and seeming growth gets better when I neglect MP40 pump maintenance.
yes i am thinking they actually don't like hard flow

john90009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was curious and wanted to know if after fragging you notice a loss in color from the frag depending on the size? I had two Walt Disney nubs that turned a pastel color while the longer one kept its vivid yellow and orange. Thank you!!

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I was curious and wanted to know if after fragging you notice a loss in color from the frag depending on the size? I had two Walt Disney nubs that turned a pastel color while the longer one kept its vivid yellow and orange. Thank you!!
Hello,

yes fragging them will sometime make them lose color. I think maybe because you are essentially moving the frag into a different area with flow ect.. it may color down and get weaker in these new conditions. i think that is why it colors down

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
The Results of the skimmer to remove po4 test results are in!!!

you were right it doesn't nothing to reduce po4 LOL

We are trying to get the po4 down on the new 360 gallon system.

Before the Test the Hanna was reading .90. So we added a skimmer to see if it would reduce the po4. We skimmed out 5 Gallons of wet skim and retested the po4 and it did nothing. Now in order to reduce the po4 we are going to do a 30% water change and then Retest.. hopefully that works.. we will be back with results soon

Back