CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey Shane, this would be my first time going to RAP. I unfortunately won’t be able to get there till Sunday afternoon session. Based on your experience, is there still a good amount of acros available from the different vendors along with of course how many you normally have left? I don’t want to do the long drive if only like 20% of corals are left by the Sunday afternoon. I know it of course could be different from past experiences, especially coming from a year of lock down but just wanted to see your past experience and thoughts. Thank you!!

CreamCityCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
@SBB Corals whats up man! Incredible corals and set up! Read over the ph discussion….have you or anyone else on here considered dosing kalkwasser slurry? I have a few friends locally that are masters at it. Raises ph almost too high. My friend doses kalk slurry on his 700 gallon packed sps system and actually has to run his calcium reactor during peak hours to make sure ph doesn’t go above 8.5-8.6. Crazy stuff. Might be an interesting thing to consider. I’ll post the video with reefdudes.

Austin

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Shane, this would be my first time going to RAP. I unfortunately won’t be able to get there till Sunday afternoon session. Based on your experience, is there still a good amount of acros available from the different vendors along with of course how many you normally have left? I don’t want to do the long drive if only like 20% of corals are left by the Sunday afternoon. I know it of course could be different from past experiences, especially coming from a year of lock down but just wanted to see your past experience and thoughts. Thank you!!
The really good stuff will be gone, but there will probably be some good deals to be had on "less desirable" pieces.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bill, are you coming? I can only withdraw $1k per day so kinda need to know... :)
No I can't make it this year, but you should start saving for next year LOL!

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The really good stuff will be gone, but there will probably be some good deals to be had on "less desirable" pieces.

Yeah I figured all the really desirable stuff would be gone, was hoping there would still be a good amount left. I will probably still go and pray some of the nice stuff is still there haha

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By Sunday afternoon there will be still plenty of coral volume. Nobody wants to carry it all back as the losses in the to/fro stack up. The prices are really attractive. But the ultra stuff will be gone. It all depends on your taste.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
By Sunday afternoon there will be still plenty of coral volume. Nobody wants to carry it all back as the losses in the to/fro stack up. The prices are really attractive. But the ultra stuff will be gone. It all depends on your taste.

Awesome thank you!

I was hoping to get some of the ultra stuff but pretty much knew that would be all gone by Sunday afternoon but sounds like I should still make the trip!

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thank you!

I was hoping to get some of the ultra stuff but pretty much knew that would be all gone by Sunday afternoon but sounds like I should still make the trip!
Could be all different this year and no matter -- it is worth the trip. My daughter is a Lehigh grad so have been your way many, many times. Not a bad trip at all.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Could be all different this year and no matter -- it is worth the trip. My daughter is a Lehigh grad so have been your way many, many times. Not a bad trip at all.

Very cool, yeah I think you are right especially since I have never been to a saltwater expo before. Looking forward to it

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
There will deff still be some amazing colored premo stuff left we are brining 250 tenuis frags. If they are all gone I would be shocked... if they are all gone we will bring more because we only live 20 minutes away and can restock.. see you Sunday:)

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There will deff still be some amazing colored premo stuff left we are brining 250 tenuis frags. If they are all gone I would be shocked... if they are all gone we will bring more because we only live 20 minutes away and can restock.. see you Sunday:)
@CoralWealth, I'll try to leave something behind for ya! ;)
On the road in 10 minutes.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Awesome!!!

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let’s see the score when you get them cared for!
Terrible pic under some soft T5 light for now. I QT new stuff in my LPS tank for a bit before dipping. The "pop" under this set of bulbs isn't fire, but you get the idea.

Front row L-R
Ooh La La
Fire Island
Red Rocket
Rainbow Vortex
Fruit Loops

Back row (Greg's Corals)
JF Solar Flare
TSA Princess Peach

Attachments

• IMG-5302.jpg
    IMG-5302.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 125

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Terrible pic under some soft T5 light for now. I QT new stuff in my LPS tank for a bit before dipping. The "pop" under this set of bulbs isn't fire, but you get the idea.

Front row L-R
Ooh La La
Fire Island
Red Rocket
Rainbow Vortex
Fruit Loops

Back row (Greg's Corals)
JF Solar Flare
TSA Princess Peach
Awesome score! There are some chunky frags in that bunch!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back