OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
The vials have an absolute set value. If the test doesn’t result in range then there is something wrong with the unit.
Yes correct that is what i mean. IF the unit is off then there is no way to calibrate it.. with the Photometer you can calibrate it if the standard is off..

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hmmm….I’ve followed your posts and videos for a long time and remember your PE was pretty crazy back then too. Actually quite a bit crazier than your most recent video.

SOme days they look better then others. Today they are looking super Shaggy!!! see video below. Some of the best PE though was from the 11.7.2020 Video. Tenuis so finicky hard to keep them happy all the time!

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes correct that is what i mean. IF the unit is off then there is no way to calibrate it.. with the Photometer you can calibrate it if the standard is off..
Gotcha. I consider it a way to check my tests results. I know if the calibration kit (that’s what it’s labeled) is within range I know my results are accurate. I’ve never had it been out of the kits range.

Last edited:

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SOme days they look better then others. Today they are looking super Shaggy!!! see video below. Some of the best PE though was from the 11.7.2020 Video. Tenuis so finicky hard to keep them happy all the time!

How are you lowering your Po4?

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s special. Looks more like a Tenuis to me than a vermiculata. Vermiculata has knobby corallites.
Paging @C. Eymann

Most of the time tenuis and vermiculata are dang near impossible to tell apart, there are some things you can look at to make an educated guess though-
vermiculatas radial corallites calice rim more often comes to more of a point rather than being more rounded/ cup like that tenuis usually presents, however tenuis can exhibit this as well, its usually more prominent on vermiculata though, vermiculata will also sometimes have shorter axial corallites, the final and probably most reliable differentiating factor is that vermiculata's radial corallites will have more of a rasp like arrangement as opposed to tenuis rosette arrangement, which is what I am seeing on the coral in question.

Id agree with @SBB Corals on this probably being a vermiculata .
Beautiful piece!

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Most of the time tenuis and vermiculata are dang near impossible to tell apart, there are some things you can look at to make an educated guess though-
vermiculatas radial corallites calice rim more often comes to more of a point rather than being more rounded/ cup like that tenuis usually presents, however tenuis can exhibit this as well, its usually more prominent on vermiculata though, vermiculata will also sometimes have shorter axial corallites, the final and probably most reliable differentiating factor is that vermiculata's radial corallites will have more of a rasp like arrangement as opposed to tenuis rosette arrangement, which is what I am seeing on the coral in question.

Id agree with @SBB Corals on this probably being a vermiculata .
Beautiful piece!
thanks for the writeup.. i'm still trying to determine what it is but i'm learning toward what you are thinking also.

fushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just finished reading the past 50 pages of interesting information.

@SBB Corals what is the best way to stay updated on your sales, I am interesting in getting a few tenuis when my new tank is ready.

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
We have been Hoarding some Tenuis and its time to spread some of these around. Check these out really unique!

SBB " Brain Teaser"

teaser.jpg

SBB "Gelato Sundae"

56.jpg

SBB " Jaw- Drool"
1234.jpg

Last edited:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.2%
Back