Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one that I'm still mulling over names for. Indo that I brought in about 9 months ago.
Indo-5.jpg

Chilli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little surprise. I got it from a buddy as a gift, has broken me a scrap of an inconspicuous coral. My tank was 2 days old and completely dead start. Has developed mighty beautiful:

06052021.jpg

8 month before

03092020.jpg

frfr.JPG

john90009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Shane, I got a few verification tests on my tank and as suspected my biocube has undetectable nitrates , phopahates hover around .06 to .11 towards the end of the week. My fuge runs about twelve hours on a reverse light cycle. Do you think if I was to add phyto every other day it would help add some nutrients, or should I cut my light cycle back some. I don’t have the extra dosing head to get nitrates dosing on a set schedual. I will eventually get one but for now do you think the phyto would be the wiser choice? I pruned almost 75 percent of my macro, which caused a crazy growth spurt from my stagnant corals. But I wasn’t home for a few days and alk dropped to 7 and calcium dropped to 380 in a matter of days and my one Disney rtned. Lesson learned won’t do that again.

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey shane have you ever had issues having sps outside water for 1 hour? I had to drain my tank last night to catch all my fish and woke up today to some showing signs of stn.

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hey Shane, I got a few verification tests on my tank and as suspected my biocube has undetectable nitrates , phopahates hover around .06 to .11 towards the end of the week. My fuge runs about twelve hours on a reverse light cycle. Do you think if I was to add phyto every other day it would help add some nutrients, or should I cut my light cycle back some. I don’t have the extra dosing head to get nitrates dosing on a set schedual. I will eventually get one but for now do you think the phyto would be the wiser choice? I pruned almost 75 percent of my macro, which caused a crazy growth spurt from my stagnant corals. But I wasn’t home for a few days and alk dropped to 7 and calcium dropped to 380 in a matter of days and my one Disney rtned. Lesson learned won’t do that again.

I would use neontiro by brightwell to dose up your no3. I currently dose 150ML in my 560 Gallon to keep the no3 at 10-15. I am not sure about the phyto i don't know if it will increase your no3.. also you don't need to put the nenitro on a doser just dose it 1 time per day it is very gentle and doesn't hurt anything. Hopefully this will help

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hey shane have you ever had issues having sps outside water for 1 hour? I had to drain my tank last night to catch all my fish and woke up today to some showing signs of stn.
Hello,

i have never had the corals out of water for 1 hour but i surely think this would cause some issues and throw the balance off.

john90009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only visit the tank every other day if things work out , currently in between houses and house hunting, so I don’t want the nitrates to go up, the. Down and up and down.

john90009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Shane another quick question. For the past 15 years I have always used reef crystals salt, a few times I tried tropic marine out and then Red Sea which seemed like my corals dulled. I keep my tank at 8.1 with the alk and the reef crystals has an all of around 11. With. A 6 gallon water change on a 29 biocube, it raises the alk fairly quick but then drops quickly down to 8.6 the next day and by the end of the week it’s 8.2 again . Do you think I should switch to instant ocean which has a lower alk, if the tanks used to the higher elements in the reef crystal??

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hello,

thanks for your question. We use Tropic Marine pro salt and the alk usually reads between 7.2 and 7.7. we keep our tank at alk between 8.5 and 9.0 so we use the New salt water with alk in order to bring it up before we do a water change. .. I would not use a salt of 11 alk if your alk is at 8.1. it will increase the alk and you can suffer a mini crash...I would recommend switching to instant ocean with has lower alk..

we personal like tropic marin pro because it has trace elements... maybe try tropic marine pro it could work for you because it also has lower alk..

hope that helps! and thanks for your question!

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
You should use neonitro to increase your no3 it is very gentle and easy.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 33 52.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • None.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.9%
Back