xtravism

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering how many fish you can have in a 32 gallon biocube that won’t be too heavy of a bio load on my corals. Currently have a clown and a six line wrasse but for sure wanting to get a yellow clown goby and a yellow head jawfish. Would like more fish then that but feel like that would definitely be too much then.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
you should be fine with 4. 5 would be pushing it due to the dimensions of the tank.

i currently have 6 in my 40B but i skim heavy and run chaeto with a lot of live rock.

OP
OP
xtravism

xtravism

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you should be fine with 4. 5 would be pushing it due to the dimensions of the tank.

i currently have 6 in my 40B but i skim heavy and run chaeto with a lot of live rock.
Ya it’s crazy I’ve seen people have like 6 fish in a 32 and I’m like how the hell but there tank looks great so I’m like alright. I know the yellow clown goby doesn’t get very big so I know that would probably let me get 5 but if I didn’t anymore it would still be like a small fish. Probably a green chromis or another clown goby. Thought about doing a fire fish but never had luck with them.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ya it’s crazy I’ve seen people have like 6 fish in a 32 and I’m like how the hell but there tank looks great so I’m like alright. I know the yellow clown goby doesn’t get very big so I know that would probably let me get 5 but if I didn’t anymore it would still be like a small fish. Probably a green chromis or another clown goby. Thought about doing a fire fish but never had luck with them.
there is this person on IG i sometimes see pictures of in my “discover” section. he has like 15-20 fish in a 20 GALLON. but he has A LOT of coral framed in there and states they help greatly with the bio load.

as for stocking ideas, fire fish are okay if you provide a bit of rock work for them to hide and feel safe to venture out. too little and they’ll always be shy. look at the liveaquaria website under the “nano fish” category. you can find some good ideas for stocking that 32Cube

DedElvis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering how many fish you can have in a 32 gallon biocube that won’t be too heavy of a bio load on my corals. Currently have a clown and a six line wrasse but for sure wanting to get a yellow clown goby and a yellow head jawfish. Would like more fish then that but feel like that would definitely be too much then.
I have no idea - I have the 32 Biocube and aside from inverts going to stick with my 2 clownfish and be patient this time. I had a fish only tank, (29 gal) years ago with real live rock and it wound up a green mess full of aptasia, a mantis shrimp, and a spiny urchin. After a couple of years I was just topping off tank with distilled water. I had one clownfish then. He/she lived 3-4 years. The clownfish died during our move.

OP
OP
xtravism

xtravism

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there is this person on IG i sometimes see pictures of in my “discover” section. he has like 15-20 fish in a 20 GALLON. but he has A LOT of coral framed in there and states they help greatly with the bio load.

as for stocking ideas, fire fish are okay if you provide a bit of rock work for them to hide and feel safe to venture out. too little and they’ll always be shy. look at the liveaquaria website under the “nano fish” category. you can find some good ideas for stocking that 32Cube
I’d like to see his ig definitely curious on that. But this is my tank so far it’s about 6-7 weeks old.

Attachments

• 5337CAF2-896A-4BCD-9B68-2EFFC22DAE0E.jpeg
    5337CAF2-896A-4BCD-9B68-2EFFC22DAE0E.jpeg
    260.2 KB · Views: 479

DedElvis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine looks similar at about the same age Xtravism. My rock is fake purple - these days you order "life rock" it appears. I had to cycle mine like plain old dry white. It's "live" now as far as bacteria goes, but I haven't a bit of coralline in my tank. Gonna stick to my 2 fish and inverts for the next few months anyway.

Hairyteeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What’s their handle?

ApoIsland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i do not follow him, so this may take a while…
sounds like an awesome tank. I would like to know how much food he is putting in and what he does for nutrient export. That is the most important part. You can find an almost unlimited amount of fish to stuff in your tank, but keeping them fed and processing the waste is the hard part.

OP
OP
xtravism

xtravism

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine looks similar at about the same age Xtravism. My rock is fake purple - these days you order "life rock" it appears. I had to cycle mine like plain old dry white. It's "live" now as far as bacteria goes, but I haven't a bit of coralline in my tank. Gonna stick to my 2 fish and inverts for the next few months anyway.
Ya honestly have to go to a really good lfs to get actual good live rock that’s not colored purple and some times still hard to get that and usually have to pay and arm and a leg. Best way is honestly getting it from someone on marketplace that is either breaking there tank down or they just sell it in general. But then you don’t know what hat hitch hikers you might get. Rather just season my own. But the coraline will come just takes time you might get a spec or two just from some frags, snails, or hermits you add to your tank. I’m getting a 3rd fish this Friday most likely and probably some gsp, Xenia, and mushrooms if I see those start to thrive right away will get some other stuff.

DedElvis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya honestly have to go to a really good lfs to get actual good live rock that’s not colored purple and some times still hard to get that and usually have to pay and arm and a leg. Best way is honestly getting it from someone on marketplace that is either breaking there tank down or they just sell it in general. But then you don’t know what hat hitch hikers you might get. Rather just season my own. But the coraline will come just takes time you might get a spec or two just from some frags, snails, or hermits you add to your tank. I’m getting a 3rd fish this Friday most likely and probably some gsp, Xenia, and mushrooms if I see those start to thrive right away will get some other stuff.
Let me know how it goes! I just want some xenia, along with my 2 clowns. I'd love to have an anemone for them to host, but have no clue what to buy.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 bigger gish 5 6 small fish like gobies
This is the correct answer. And for me, ‘bigger’ means an adult ocellaris or cardinal, or if really pushing it a pygmy angel. Smaller would be most gobies, smaller blennies, fire fish, etc. When I look on the biocube group on FB, there are constantly people posting their tanks that have 2 or 3 (I’ve seen as many as 5) tangs in a 32 gallon biocube, it’s just wrong.

Right now I’ve got a 28g nano cube, and it’s got a banggai Cardinal, six line, pink bar goby, and a Tailspot blenny, I may add one or two more small fish (thinking a ruby red dragonet and/or a fire fish), but I’m not married to the idea either.

Zerodameaon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking two cardinals, two clowns, a dotty, and a goby shrimp pair. The dotty is questionable though from what I am now reading.

OP
OP
xtravism

xtravism

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know how it goes! I just want some xenia, along with my 2 clowns. I'd love to have an anemone for them to host, but have no clue what to buy.
Will do. But honestly if you get like a torch, hammer, frogspawn, leather, gsp, Xenia I wanna say they will host in it. I don’t care for anemone cause knowing my luck it will move often and sting everything.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back