How to dose all for reef

J1a

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you count the full water amount in the whole system, tank and sump in order to dose the correct amount?
You can use it as the starting point.
However, dosing by water volume is not a good way to do it. You should monitor consumption for a week or two and adjust as needed.

Dose according to the need of corals and clams, not according to how much water you have in the system.

NotoriousDMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
However, dosing by water volume is not a good way to do it. You should monitor consumption for a week or two and adjust as needed.

Dose according to the need of corals and clams, not according to how much water you have in the system.
Love the product and agree with this point. I guess I could have just tested Alk, but honestly, the Trident made the first week or so very easy as it did require fine tuning. I’m ultimately supplementing lightly with Red Sea Alk to keep Alk between 8-9 and not unnecessarily keeping ca and Mg high.

Dloc1183

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ok great thank you!

Back