Rating - 0%
0   0   0

markster33139

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the link....I had a question, why is it recommended in the article to not reduce any lunar channel below 5% intensity.

KushCoralsInMiami

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been searching everywhere for a good source for AIP configuration files for my new Hydra 52 HD's. There are some decent threads on other forums, but most are a bunch of screenshots and no config files. We really need a place to upload configuration files. This thread will be for posting your lighting configuration, but you will need to include your AIP file. If you choose to screenshot awesome, it will make it easier for others to see your graph visually. Please do not post any config's without also posting your AIP file. Unless overdriven, these settings will work for both HD and non-HD versions of the Hydra 52.

I found this AIP file on a forum somewhere, but I just searched for an hour and could not find it again. If this was your program, contact me and I will give you credit! This is the program that I am currently trying out! Its 'Bar Reef 2'.
graph_zpsvolxlggu.png

And here is the AIP config file link for this graph: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u5ov6ytn4l4qaai/Bar Reef 2.aip?dl=0
What kind of corals are you running with this graph

OP
OP
ckozma

ckozma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the link....I had a question, why is it recommended in the article to not reduce any lunar channel below 5% intensity.
The reason is because the lunar mode is based on a 5% reduction. On nights when it is a full moon, the selected channel will be at 5% all night. On nights that there is no moon, that channel will be at 0%. During other times of the month, it may be at 1%, 2%, 3%, or 4% depending on the moon phase. I find that 5% on one channel with all four pucks lit is WAY to light for nighttime, so I use 3%, which is still pretty bright. This means that I have more nights during the month that are completely dark because I did not follow the 5% rule. I think to be truly effective, they need to disable two out of the four pucks on each light during lunar mode.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back