I got Flees Help

MadReefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I just found out yesterday that i have red bugs. I have a few ?'s about them and the treatment.
1. How long do they live?
2. Whats the incubation time of the eggs?
3. Will they attack my Bird nests or any of my Monties?
4. When treating the Interceptor will it effect anything else like nems,zoas,lps?
5. Can i just take all my sps out and just treat them in a diff tank and be good after say 2 weeks or so then place them back into main tank?
This is my first run in with these lil bleepers and hope my last but from what i understand there is no dip for them yet like coral rx. Thank You for any advise and wisdom on these lil critters.

powderhound

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem with any thing but crabs. My shrimp made it through 3 treatments no problem. It is easier to just treat in tank so you get them all. Just unplug skimmer air intake and do a water change after each treatment and run carbon afterwards

MimicOcto8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interceptor can be hard to get since you have to get it from a vet. i just was honest with my vet and told her what i wanted it for. she said sure no problem and wrote it up for me.

1fishkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I printed out a few things from off of the net to take to my vet. After she read it and seen what I plan on using it for she was more than willing to sale it to me.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's best and most effective to treat the whole entire display i do it periodically as a precaution and have never exp any ill effects it's the best pest you copuld get lol...

Lenny

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tagging along... I'm a newbie trying to learn :neutral: Do red bugs bother LPS as well or just SPS corals? Does anyone have the answer to Madreefer1 question "Can i just take all my sps out and just treat them in a diff tank and be good after say 2 weeks or so then place them back into main tank?"
Thx

Angels 2010

Wrasse-a-holic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
certain wrasses are known to take care of these little bugger, too. I had them many years ago and a leopard wrasse eradicated the problem for me...

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My birds nest was unaffected by them but that could be because they didn't get the chance. You should treat 3 times one week apart. Treat the tank this way you don't have to worry about reinfection if they didn't all die in your tank. Also you can use interceptor as a dip for new corals.

OP
OP
MadReefer1

MadReefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish my leapord would eat them to busy eating pods. Sounds good, The plan is to dose as soon as i get the interceptor 2 days later redose and 3 days after a 3rd dose. with a water change preformed before the 2nd and 3rd dosing and a larger one after 3rd dose. Wait a week if still around start all over again. I would like to thank everyone for there help on this issue.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would use the interceptor a week apart for a total of 3 doses over the course of three weeks..;) it's simple no worries.. I don't even bother changing the water...lol

OP
OP
MadReefer1

MadReefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good one dose a week for 3 weeks then. Now to get the interceptor having hard time getting it, but might have a line on some in the next day or so.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 40 35.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back