I Need Some Movement

Jaag

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 21, 2015
Messages
476
Reaction score
158
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am looking to set up a 4 to 5 gallon pico and want a fish that is appropriate for that tank that is going to give me the most movement.
What are your thoughts?
What about inverts?
 
neon goby? clown goby? Not much else I would keep in a tank 5g or less... But a clown goby and some sexy shrimp would be cool...
 
Try a fire fish. Make that two. They like a partner and don't need much room.
lg_71133_Firefish.jpg
They kinda dart more than swim.
 
Try a fire fish. Make that two. They like a partner and don't need much room.
lg_71133_Firefish.jpg
They kinda dart more than swim.

You'll have to forgive me but that's terrible advice.

1) Firefish need at least a 10 gallon tank for a single fish. This is for a 4-5 gallon pico tank where even a single tiny fish is pushing it.

2) unless firefish are a mated pair they will kill each other.

@the OP a Clown Goby would probably be the best "bang for buck" fish for that size tank. Just be aware that they can nip at SPS corals.
 
A couple of Trouchus snails would keep the tank clean and a couple of hermits. Maybe a small shrimp (definitely rule out cleaner or fire shrimp though).
 
I agree
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new