I pulled the trigger.. Ugghhhh

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried several different lights for my 55g mixed reef and honestly, so far, I am not happy.

Today, I decided to put all my overtime money to use and ordered 2 Kessil 360x tuna blue lights with mounting hardware and WiFi Dongle controller.

I've probably paid for them twice with what I have spent on black boxes... Hopefully this will be the last time I need to buy lights for a while.

The positive side is I can ditch the crappy on-off timer I am using and utilize a more realistic day/night setup with the Kessils

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you havent opened them yet..I honestly suggest trying NooPsychee's. they dont have the fancy controller..but the lights themselves are pretty awesome

OP
OP
Jedi1199

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you havent opened them yet..I honestly suggest trying NooPsychee's. they dont have the fancy controller..but the lights themselves are pretty awesome

I am currently running a pair of Wills 135w on that tank. I can't say they aren't working. Everything looks happy and healthy. My issue is controllability. They are either on or off, and have a simple 2 dial setup for intensity. No way to control colors to get the exact spectrum that the tank should have.

I have already put in 2 full days on my off days (DT on off days) to prepare for the holidays (and a nice birthday/Christmas gift for myself)

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today, I decided to put all my overtime money to use and ordered 2 Kessil 360x tuna blue lights with mounting hardware and WiFi Dongle controller.

I've probably paid for them twice with what I have spent on black boxes...
Those 360s with dongle are 600+$. You've spent 2400 dollars on failed black boxes?

OP
OP
Jedi1199

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Jedi1199

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, my lights STILL aren't here. They were sent FedEx, and were originally scheduled for delivery on Monday. The tracking update told me Sunday they were "Out for delivery" and should arrive by end of day Sunday. I was super stoked!! Alas, the dream bubble was burst as Sunday passed and no delivery arrived.

Monday was back to work and I missed the delivery by 12 minutes. I signed the tag the driver left on the door and a note saying "Leave package inside side gate". I get home today to another tag UNDERLINING, "Must be present for package delivery". I tried to redirect it to a drop-off location so I can swing by after work, but the site says it cannot be left at drop location.

Looks like I will have to either, take tomorrow off to catch the last delivery attempt, or take my chances that after a 3rd failed delivery, they will hold it for pickup.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 17.0%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 32 17.0%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 94 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back