My somewhat crowded Nuvo 10:

nuvo10_fts_9_24_18.jpg
Love your zoas!

Stanzo13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know my tank sucks, feel free to make suggestions (2 clowns and a 6 line with stage fright)
1537755364412.jpeg

biophilia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What lights are you running? And at what settings?

I was running an AI Prime HD for the last year and a half, but recently added a second (older non-HD) Prime and dialed them both way back... not for extra power, but because I wanted more spread to help with shadowing.
I have them running at the 20,000K setting each tuned back to ~12W for a total of 23W. I found anything higher than that is too much for some of the SPS up top on my tank and with them being mounted only 7" above the surface.

Last edited:

Angelo Fatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was running an AI Prime HD for the last year and a half, but recently added a second (older non-HD) Prime and dialed them both way back... not for extra power, but because I wanted more spread to help with shadowing.
I have them running at the 20,000K setting each tuned back to ~12W for a total of 23W. I found anything higher than that is too much for some of the SPS up top on my tank and with them being mounted only 7" above the surface.
Thank you! Im getting a hydra 26 this week and I like to see what's working for other people in terms of spectrum and intensity :)

biophilia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Im getting a hydra 26 this week and I like to see what's working for other people in terms of spectrum and intensity :)

I was using the BRS “AB+” spectrum for a lot of that time which is really popular. I switched to 20000K a while back because I like the bluer look and didn’t notice any change in alkalinity consumption or growth. My hunch is that stability and food matter a lot more than whatever the exact light setting is — providing you’re not blasting so much like that the corals are experiencing photoinhibition. When in doubt, err on the side of less light! I’m sure you’ll like the Hydra26.

Angelo Fatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was using the BRS “AB+” spectrum for a lot of that time which is really popular. I switched to 20000K a while back because I like the bluer look and didn’t notice any change in alkalinity consumption or growth. My hunch is that stability and food matter a lot more than whatever the exact light setting is — providing you’re not blasting so much like that the corals are experiencing photoinhibition. When in doubt, err on the side of less light! I’m sure you’ll like the Hydra26.
Oh for sure I will! I had an AI Vega a while back and loved the interface but hated the wifi module you had to use, but I'm glad these have their own signal so I dont need a separate adapter module. I like a blue look as well and was planning on doing 20000k as well. Gonna try to do blues around 60 percent and whites at 25 or 30 for a while and see how everything does!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back