In memoriam of Jacob Adams

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reefkeeping world is mourning the sudden loss of our Managing Editor, Jake Adams. To many people Jake informed, educated, and entertained reefers in all four corners of the world. A Bachelor of Marine Science, Jake also became a skilled journalist, setting the tone and agenda for our hobby while still “toeing the line of…
Source

Continue reading...

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our deepest condolences to jakes family, the reef builders team and to the reefing community.
we lost a friend, a mentor and a reefing icon. we will forever be grateful to his contributions to the reefing hobby.
Thank you for everything Jake.

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I never got the chance to meet Jake, but it feels like I lost a friend. Sending big HUGS to all who were close to him.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Wow, went to Reef Builder to check the latest news and I see this! Crazy.

RIP Jake

What happened???

carlog1118

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My condolences to Jake's family.

I started my first reef tank just over 2 years ago now. In that time I've spent countless hours enjoying his content and I always felt inspired afterwards.

Good luck to the rest of the team carrying on his legacy.

ScubaShane

MENTAL REEF DISORDER!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My build thread is dedicated to Jake Adams. I will be adding a Weeping Willow Toadstool in his memory. The Weeping Willow was one of his favorite soft corals. The name of the coral in itself is how the Reefing community feels about his loss.
In 2014 I was setting up a 250g mixed reef. This would be my 4th reef upgrade. I met Jake a few times in 2005-2007 at Denver reef shops and frag swaps never knowing he would become the face of Reef Builders! I started in 2001 with a 29g then upgraded to a 75g in 2004, then a 125g in 2007. I moved from CO to PA in 2011 which leads to the 2014 250g build. I did a Google search for coral acclimation and found a video with Jake. I was like what the heck and lol! This was the first video of Jake I ever saw and will never forget. Reef in peace Jake.

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. This is terrible news. I’ve watched so many of his videos and learned so much from him. Definitely heartbreaking. My prayers and condolences to his family. You will be missed, Jake.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is crazy and another reminder life is too short. Enjoy and do what you like. I always like his video and how chill he was, what a tragic.

RIP, you will always remembered.

tweeter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw on YouTube. I am so sorry to hear this news! My heart goes out to his family and friends! We will all miss him! He was such a big part of reefing!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 65 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back