OP
OP
Luis Marrero

Luis Marrero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some pictures to share with everyone! :)
20170929_153130.jpg
fire and ice.jpg

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a great looking colony of people water zoas. Those other look really nice too. It's nice to see true colonies and not 5-6 polyps being called a mini colony.

OP
OP
Luis Marrero

Luis Marrero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a great looking colony of people water zoas. Those other look really nice too. It's nice to see true colonies and not 5-6 polyps being called a mini colony.
Thank you @tupes that was my first zoa and just counted them, there approx 140 polyps. You are absolutely correct though.

OP
OP
Luis Marrero

Luis Marrero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
extremely nice! Just getting to start a IM 20. Can you share all of the equipment used to have this success?
Thank you
Thank you @bontrager I currently have a maxi jet 600 as return which will soon be upgraded. I am running a AI prime which I am making a video on my schedule this week to share with everyone and also have the aftermarket IM acrylic filtration basket. There a Hydor 425gph inside I believe. Second to smallest of the Hydor line.

OP
OP
Luis Marrero

Luis Marrero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been away for a while and wanted to share a little update pic on my tank! The purple palys are gone! Now I have more space for my acans garden!! Take a look
instasize_171119202357.png

Segalplayer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yess!! It's getting a little too much though... don't want to cut back also lol... maybe put some non photosynthetic corals underneath

Some non photos would be sweet. I got this frag holder but there’s other types too on amazon, it
fee78e517630b3fd785b8e0649e4b0c8.heic
looks sweet and was able to pop a frag right in!

OP
OP
Luis Marrero

Luis Marrero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As promised!! New adittion to the acans garden!!! I call it Cotton Candy Vibes! I have a couple more acan frags I got Black Friday weekend that I will share with you guys! I picked this one up at World Wide Corals :) #acans #imnuvo10 #corals #reef

IMG_20171203_131213_233.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Luis Marrero

Luis Marrero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20171203_201636.jpg
This little guy I also got recently, I knew it was a mushroom but didn't know what kind since it was honestly about 1/4 inch big and it's grown to be a pretty awesome Ultra Rhodactis Mushroom!! Can't wait until it's bigger!!

EZreefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been away for a while and wanted to share a little update pic on my tank! The purple palys are gone! Now I have more space for my acans garden!! Take a look
instasize_171119202357.png
Love that pic!! The aquascaping is perfect! What is your maintence like for the tank? Water changes, do you dose, etc.

OP
OP
Luis Marrero

Luis Marrero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love that pic!! The aquascaping is perfect! What is your maintence like for the tank? Water changes, do you dose, etc.
Right now I solely rely on water changes. I'm using Tropic marin bio actif and love it!! But I've added a numerous amount of frags to the tank which I will show soon and a my senior corals are huge so I'm shopping for a skimmer. I love my tank it is a challenge on a day to day basis and I learn a lot on how to keep the right parameters to make everyone happy! Thank you for your comment.... also I just won the tunze osmolator ATO from our contest so I will also be doing an unboxing and instalation video on my YouTube channel coming soon! I also keep daily posts on my instagram

ranchhand02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tank? How is your growth with the AI prime? I have the same tank with a Kessil A80 on it and I am not seeing much growth with it. I am thinking of swapping it for an AI Prime HD.

OP
OP
Luis Marrero

Luis Marrero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tank? How is your growth with the AI prime? I have the same tank with a Kessil A80 on it and I am not seeing much growth with it. I am thinking of swapping it for an AI Prime HD.

I've had my tank for almost 2 yrs now and some of my original corals I've taken out or traded except for my birds nest and cap. I would say that growth isn't bad with the prime knowing that they were only 1 inch frags when purchased

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 86 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back