Innovative Marine Nuvo 30L Club/Index/Resource Thread

Colin Adams

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Link to your build thread?

Don't have one yet, just got the tank this morning and ordered all of my equipment.

Not going to get wet until September (busy wedding planning until then) but will be moving my Biocube 16 over to this, and my Helfrichi is upgrading

20190623_120716.jpg
20190616_170620.jpg

Colin Adams

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 quick things on the APS stand I just put together.

1. The instructions suck. The C1 looks just like the C2 but it doesn't reflect that in the instructions, just put them where they say. A couple items were not labelled but we figured it out.

2. It came with a shelf kit. If those were in stock at BRS I would have bought one today, glad I didn't.

Overall a great stand, love the aluminum design.

Tony R.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 quick things on the APS stand I just put together.

1. The instructions suck. The C1 looks just like the C2 but it doesn't reflect that in the instructions, just put them where they say. A couple items were not labelled but we figured it out.

2. It came with a shelf kit. If those were in stock at BRS I would have bought one today, glad I didn't.

Overall a great stand, love the aluminum design.
Aluminum stand is great until you have to get reaalll creative hanging stuff up in there lol.

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is there an established device or diy solution to preventing light spill from the display tank to the back chambers? Maybe some sort of small divider wall that shades the back chambers from the display lights?

Does anyone else find that it's an issue? I'm worried about potentially getting things growing in the back chambers that I don't want simply because it is getting lit from light spill from the display portion.

I bought a 1/2” thick piece of black acrylic to put over the entire back. I just plane to cut notches for the things like skimmer and reactors that stick up higher.

OP
OP
ReeferReefer

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone using a camera for monitoring on their 30L? If so, which one and why?
I'm planning on using a Nest camera, but only because I am upgrading my house with the Google smart home suite.

I think it will be convenient to have it integrated with the other security cameras.

Tony R.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone using a camera for monitoring on their 30L? If so, which one and why?

I use the Blink cameras. I bought a two pack one for the inside of my Boa's tank since they are humidity proof. The other I attached to a tripod and rigged it facing my tank. It doesn't pan but it has decent enough optical zoom.

Nem0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just installed a pair of 3d printed water level adjustors -- https://ez-dose.com/product/ez-water-level-adjuster-full-set-midsize/ and theyre AWESOME!!! i was able to raise my water level up prob 3/4'' in the display while still keeping the waterfall effect for the AIO in the filter compartment. 100% recommend. $15 (shipped) and fast shipping too!

I did this for both aesthetic reasons and more water. I did not like how even when full in the back filter compartment, there was like a 1.5'' gap between my water level and the top of the glass. it just looked awkward to me. now, there is about 1/2'' gap between the top of the water to the tank glass. looks much better IMO. furthermore, I was able to fit 1.5+ more gallons into my tank with the adjuster. more water == never a bad thing!

would def recommend y'all look into this if youre trying to have a cleaner looking tank / hold more water. I did not want to silicon anything; this little gadget is easily removed AND can be adjusted!!!

Tony R.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just installed a pair of 3d printed water level adjustors -- https://ez-dose.com/product/ez-water-level-adjuster-full-set-midsize/ and theyre AWESOME!!! i was able to raise my water level up prob 3/4'' in the display while still keeping the waterfall effect for the AIO in the filter compartment. 100% recommend. $15 (shipped) and fast shipping too!

I did this for both aesthetic reasons and more water. I did not like how even when full in the back filter compartment, there was like a 1.5'' gap between my water level and the top of the glass. it just looked awkward to me. now, there is about 1/2'' gap between the top of the water to the tank glass. looks much better IMO. furthermore, I was able to fit 1.5+ more gallons into my tank with the adjuster. more water == never a bad thing!

would def recommend y'all look into this if youre trying to have a cleaner looking tank / hold more water. I did not want to silicon anything; this little gadget is easily removed AND can be adjusted!!!
Very cool!

Any Hope's on producing a rear chamber cover? I'm tired of scraping our algae from the rear chambers.

Nem0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool!

Any Hope's on producing a rear chamber cover? I'm tired of scraping our algae from the rear chambers.

what do you mean rear chamber cover? like making kinda a lid ?

Tony R.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what do you mean rear chamber cover? like making kinda a lid ?
Yup the sump area. My light bleeds in quite a bit and creates a nice algae farm back there. Ideally if it was made in such a way to allow for the removal of the mesh lid without having to remove the rear chamber lid!
20190630_205619.jpeg

Nem0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup the sump area. My light bleeds in quite a bit and creates a nice algae farm back there. Ideally if it was made in such a way to allow for the removal of the mesh lid without having to remove the rear chamber lid!
20190630_205619.jpeg

have you tried cutting plastic to fit ? I would find some black plastic, cut to size then maybe use sometime similar to the clips that hold the mesh lid to sit the plastic on

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just added a short review to my 30 L build thread on the new IM dc skimmers. I really like mine so far.

Colinadam80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the same skimmer, glad to hear it's working for you. Not getting my tank wet for another month but in all my years in the hobby this will be my first skimmer so I was kind of nervous.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back