Is it bleaching?

I_Got_Crabs

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 30, 2018
Messages
189
Reaction score
135
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ramping up over 8 weeks. In week 4. New growth looks pale blue/purple, mini colony was brownish purple when I got it but is now lighter. Polyps still extended. Other corals look fine but arent direvtly under the light. Not sure what to do.
20190728_185440.jpeg
Capture%2B_2019-07-28-18-55-33.jpeg
20190728_185454_HDR.jpeg
 
That may be!! I am concerned with your UV and v being so high compared to the rest of your settings. Anidotially, I have found that my corals do not do well with high UV or V. How long have you been funning that type of program.
 
That may be!! I am concerned with your UV and v being so high compared to the rest of your settings. Anidotially, I have found that my corals do not do well with high UV or V. How long have you been funning that type of program.
Not long actually. I switched after reading some posts promoting it. I should have known better!
 
You have to change your lighting very slowly to acclimate your corals to it. Your screen shot looks “similar” to AB+ settings that Radion, WWC and a lot of others (including myself) use. It’s a known spectrum for the best general coral health and growth.
 
Hydra 26 hd? What size tank and how high is it mounted above the water?

I have 2 hydra 52 hds 16” over my 50 gallon cube.
941223A9-0BCD-4D6D-9588-ED34A3C0BC38.png
A
And 2- hydra 26 HD’s over 29g frag tank
DCDC91AA-F4B5-4383-9885-B09CCA192518.png


I’ve never had a problem with the UV and V being higher. In fact my acros love it. I had problems with all those respiration peaks and valleys. The spectrum is constantly changing with those. If you want respiration just turn the weather feature on and the software will automatically do it for you, without changing the spectrum.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new