OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can, but IF you have some type of flatworm or bugs, they will not all be on that one coral. They will be around it or on another coral.
I'm just saying, it wouldn't hurt to poke around after lights go out. You will be amazed at the life you see at night that you don't see during the day time.
It would also be peace of mind.
No I know I won't eradicate in that way, but if there are flatworms on it. They can't scatter away they'll be stuck in my hand. I think I'm just going to take it out. The frag that I gave to a friend is doing really well and it's almost doubled in size so he'll be happy to give me a frag of it in the future. Should I do it now or wait a few hours?

OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red is ideal however room light will also work - this is how I caught monti eating nudibranchs on my digitata.
There's nothing on my coral, nothing on the Rocks around it, nothing of nothing of nothing. So I just decided to frag off the tips where the polyps are falling off and if the coral doesn't make it then it's whatever. I can always get an endless amount for free lol

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's nothing on my coral, nothing on the Rocks around it, nothing of nothing of nothing. So I just decided to frag off the tips where the polyps are falling off and if the coral doesn't make it then it's whatever. I can always get an endless amount for free lol
It takes a couple of nights, I recommend doing checks nightly for a week or so just to make sure. You won’t always find these animals straight away.

OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It takes a couple of nights, I recommend doing checks nightly for a week or so just to make sure. You won’t always find these animals straight away.
I really don't think I have them. My tank has 4 corals total and they all came from a trusted source and QT'd. But I'll keep looking.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really don't think I have them. My tank has 4 corals total and they all came from a trusted source and QT'd. But I'll keep looking.
My corals all came from a trusted source and got dipped Atleast 3 times but I still managed to get flatworms unfortunately. Luckily there are fish and other inverts that we can use to get rid of the unwanted ones :)

OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My corals all came from a trusted source and got dipped Atleast 3 times but I still managed to get flatworms unfortunately. Luckily there are fish and other inverts that we can use to get rid of the unwanted ones :)
Boooooooooo. I'm concerned about possible ich and now I need to worry about this lol.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boooooooooo. I'm concerned about possible ich and now I need to worry about this lol.
Honestly, I personally believe anyone who says they have an Ich fee tank is lying. Fish parasites can lay dormant however they don’t attack a healthy fish. You may not see it however I bet it’ll be in there - I personally get healthy fish and have never QTed and don’t have an issue with diseases however I had a lot more issues with diseases when it came to QTed fish.

OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I personally believe anyone who says they have an Ich fee tank is lying. Fish parasites can lay dormant however they don’t attack a healthy fish. You may not see it however I bet it’ll be in there - I personally get healthy fish and have never QTed and don’t have an issue with diseases however I had a lot more issues with diseases when it came to QTed fish.
My QT process, I put them in a sizable tank for 2 months and just observe. I try not to proactively medicate because I know how stressful it could be. The quarantining isn't completely and only for parasites, it helps the fish get east of my routine and how I am. I'm a pretty loud person and I have kids running around the house so it gets them used to me and my lifestyle without having to worry about fish bullying them. And then it comes with the added benefit of being able to observe them obviously.

OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That's what the birdsnest used to look like so something is definitely messing with it. It looks sickly in the video I showed you.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That's what the birdsnest used to look like so something is definitely messing with it. It looks sickly in the video I showed you.
Since bumping the lights does it appear to be getting better?
I know it feels rather fast for SPS to show better signs however all of the Seriatopora species seem to recover from issues within a couple of days.

OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since bumping the lights does it appear to be getting better?
I know it feels rather fast for SPS to show better signs however all of the Seriatopora species seem to recover from issues within a couple of days.
So far no. It did amazing until I took it off the frag rack. Once I glued it, it went very unhappy

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 30 81.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back