Is my coral ok?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ckjhill
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ckjhill

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2018
Messages
43
Reaction score
36
Location
Jersey city
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found a white spot on my coral. Is it ok ? I've had it for about 2 months now. The tank has been running for 5 yrs now.

20190818_125810.jpg 20190818_125829.jpg 20190818_132824.jpg
 
that a monti? the mark looks like montipora eating nudibranchs.... shine a light on it at night and check. search on google for id
 
Is that a starfish on the upper right glass?

If so, what kind is it?
 
I have a couple of asteria star fish but I throw them out everytime I find one. Seeing that all my zoas disappeared.
 
Oh that one is a chocolate chip
Yup! Coral eater, not reef safe. The first thing I would do is sump it.

Then see if you coral heals. Just keep an eye out for anyt else that may irritate your corals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new