Is my lighting too strong. 10 gallon Fusion nano

Crass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

Starting up a 10 gallon - IM Fusion nano reef tank. Planning on mixed soft, LPS, and SPS corals.

I have a AI prime 16 HD at the current setting (see picture). Is this going to fry my corals? Will start it with 50% acclimation over 30 days when I do add the coral.

Thanks!

Screenshot_20200209-140318_myAI.jpg

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may fry your corals. Coral placement and type, as well as light height, will be factors to consider. There is no reason to run an acclimation mode till you have corals in there to acclimate. Personally, I would start with softies and LPS and keep them lower in the tank. Then, once your parameters are stable and corals are happy and growing for say, 6 months, then you can add SPS's to the upper sections of your rock work. Each time you add corals is when you run acclimation. Adjust light output based on what your corals are telling you.

OP
OP
C

Crass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may fry your corals. Coral placement and type, as well as light height, will be factors to consider. There is no reason to run an acclimation mode till you have corals in there to acclimate. Personally, I would start with softies and LPS and keep them lower in the tank. Then, once your parameters are stable and corals are happy and growing for say, 6 months, then you can add SPS's to the upper sections of your rock work. Each time you add corals is when you run acclimation. Adjust light output based on what your corals are telling you.

Ok thank you! Will drop to max 70% blues and whites and adjust the rest accordingly. My rock structure will look like this so has great variety in heights (pic attached)

20200207_235902.jpg

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thank you! Will drop to max 70% blues and whites and adjust the rest accordingly. My rock structure will look like this so has great variety in heights (pic attached)

20200207_235902.jpg
With that light, you likely do not need 70% white. While there are no corals in there and if you are still cycling, I would leave off the light for now.
Aquascape looks good. Nice variety of areas for coral placement depending on type. To add a little to your scape you might consider a rock island out in front and to the left.

OP
OP
C

Crass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With that light, you likely do not need 70% white. While there are no corals in there and if you are still cycling, I would leave off the light for now.
Aquascape looks good. Nice variety of areas for coral placement depending on type. To add a little to your scape you might consider a rock island out in front and to the left.

Thanks! Ok think I have it more dialed in now for when I do add corals. Will turn them off for now but just want to dial in as much as i can before adding.

Screenshot_20200210-212246_myAI.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 48 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back