Is my monitpora healthy

hunter0404

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 27, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I am new to monit pots and hard corals and I just purchased a frag that has green and red monti on it and I am having a hard time seeing if it is ok. When i originally put it in the tank it seemed to give off slime but after a few hrs it went away. It a 15gal Fluval flex tank with a Fluval sea 22watt light I have the coral placed high in the tank as I believe the light is a little under powered. The green monti has a white spot in the middle but i haven’t noticed a difference in it for the past day or so I have had it. All my other zoas, and pulsing xenea are all Healthy and my perimeters are all good any help or advice would be much appreciated. This is all new to me. https://share.icloud.com/photos/075aElQ4ShnWlNq_fUUJpk6Zw sorry for the bad photo my phone sucks
 
Montis slime when you touch them so the slime is normal. Most of them like higher light and decent flow. My best colored Monti sits right under the light maybe 4" from the top of the water in the highest flow area of the tank.
 
Upvote 0
The picture, as you said, is bad. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: The green looks healthy from what I can tell, the red is too washed out to see anything. Try putting your phone in Pro Mode (I think that's what iPhones have) and adjust the white balance. Higher is usually better for filtering out the blue.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new