Is this even ich or something else? Clownfish

Yellow17165161

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

So today I noticed a single white spot on my clownfish, it looks slightly elevated from the body and I didn’t notice it yesterday.

I have had fish in the tank for 2 months now, I also added a black Molly to see if there are any diseases and it did not show any signs, so I assumed my tank is clear.

A few days ago I added an urchin (which I read here cannot carry ich) but I think some LFS water got in the tank during the transfer.

I’m wondering if this is indeed ich or just an injury, the clownfish does swim close to the tuxedo urchin while sleeping so it could be an injury as well.

Thanks!

D761E9BA-9B37-449E-A036-310DDB5C11B5.jpeg 7E69B503-8CB8-4376-8A0B-C8E61CCAE3EF.jpeg

Maks Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothings for certain, but it looks a bit to larger than what you would commonly see in an ICH case. I would lean more toward lymphocystis.

Maks Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would wait - if you see additional spot starting to develop then it may be a good idea to treat for parasites. If it is lympho, it should resolve itself provided it's eating well and the tank conditions are good. Unfortunately the time frame for it to resolve is unknown and hard to predict.

Selcon Fish Supplement never hurts as a preventative and would be good to give to your fish either way. If this does become a parasite issue, the healthier your fish the better.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back