Jebao return pump... DC, DCT, DCP, or DCS

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No sorry ive only found them there, nobody in my area carries these pumps. They do carry reefbreeders lights but not the skimmers or thier pumps either. I plan to replace my skimmer with the coralbox cloud9 later this year.

If they carry our lights I’m sure your lfs can order in some pumps for you as well

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they carry our lights I’m sure your lfs can order in some pumps for you as well
Funny thing they all rave about your lights but look down on the Chinese pumps. Most try to sell the vectra line. From my research they appear to be produced in the same place.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since im talking to you directly, i didnt see the cloud9 under your skimmer selections, is it available through you? And is it approximately the same price as the ebay adds?

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since im talking to you directly, i didnt see the cloud9 under your skimmer selections, is it available through you? And is it approximately the same price as the ebay adds?

They are available, you’re in luck as we have a limited quantity that came in overstock- we are selling them on clearance for $220. eBay is at $360. Pump is still warrantied.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are available, you’re in luck as we have a limited quantity that came in overstock- we are selling them on clearance for $220. eBay is at $360. Pump is still warrantied.
Ask and you shall be rewarded! Thank you!

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DC-12000 died after 12 months.
DCT-6000 running for 4 years now and only cleaned twice during breakdowns. Runs like a champ.
DCT-4000 running for 6 months now, has restarted by itself twice but has not totally shutdown. Has a annoying whine that I can't stand though.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many of the current big name brands and the jeabo/jeacod look exactly the same other than colors.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you see the announcment for that?
Look at my earlier ebay attachments they say wavemaker function and sine drive. I dont know what that or 4 pole power control is either? I also have not been able to find a single review on them yet. I do see that a bunch have been sold though o. Ebay. As of now im planning to get one and try the wave function coupled with the random flow return nozzles. I think that may produce some awesome results.

Captcarl7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running a DCT-8000 for 2-3 years now. No issues. Also have one of the older blue ones (DC series maybe?) from 5 years or so ago that still works.

Can't beat them for the price IMO. Can get 2 for what a higher end equivalent would cost and have an extra for spare/water change pump

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reef Breeders do you guys carry the newer Jeboa return pumps? If not, do you know when you might start carrying them?
We have been carrying the DCS series for some time now, they have been reliable so we haven't changed them. The DCQ looks like the same thing with a red case and new controller. I'm not sure how many people use their return pump for waves, but it is an interesting feature. The DCS has 10 speeds and a feed timer, which is pretty much what you need in a return pump.

thomas hudson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DC-12000 died after 12 months.
DCT-6000 running for 4 years now and only cleaned twice during breakdowns. Runs like a champ.
DCT-4000 running for 6 months now, has restarted by itself twice but has not totally shutdown. Has a annoying whine that I can't stand though.
For the price i guess i couldn't complain. I will give one a shot and see although i have had an Eheim in all my tanks and not a single issue ever ever ever. I think my first tank was in 2009.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update as a few people have asked about the DCQ pumps, and I thought bringing them in would be a good idea. Apparently for the time being there are some quality issues with the pulsing controllers that need to be worked out. Just be careful with the eBay listings- I just read the warranty policy on one, and it says to contact the mfg (jebao) after 30 days- I have not heard of a single person getting a response from jebao in my nearly 5 years carrying their powerheads.

For now we are not carrying them due to reliability, but we will bring them in once those issues have been worked out and we do some testing.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just ordered the DCS 9000 for my 90 cube from Logan at reef breeders!

in the last 2 years now I when through a quite one. don't recommend them even BRS says they here a lot of them going bad.
and the current ehiem compact pro just does not seem to be cutting it. slowed way down after 1 year of use. reached out to ehiem and they said pretty much nothing did not offer to fix, replace or offer a discount. that bumed me out as I alwyas heard good things about them.

looking forward to this pump!

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have been carrying the DCS series for some time now, they have been reliable so we haven't changed them. The DCQ looks like the same thing with a red case and new controller. I'm not sure how many people use their return pump for waves, but it is an interesting feature. The DCS has 10 speeds and a feed timer, which is pretty much what you need in a return pump.
I think the wave feature would be useful as a dedicated pump for that and then a seperate return pump for the normal turn over. This could possibly eliminate the electrical for the wavemakers we all use. Simplify the system.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be interested in the dcq when you do start carrying it. I have 2 of the 20000 dcp pumps now.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the wave feature would be useful as a dedicated pump for that and then a seperate return pump for the normal turn over. This could possibly eliminate the electrical for the wavemakers we all use. Simplify the system.

I agree nit sure it will happen but it sure would be a nice thing to have. I plan on going a peninsula tank some day 150+ gal so this would be so amazing not to have coeds running to the DT. but then you have to drill for closed loop...so maybe it not simpler in the end??

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree nit sure it will happen but it sure would be a nice thing to have. I plan on going a peninsula tank some day 150+ gal so this would be so amazing not to have coeds running to the DT. but then you have to drill for closed loop...so maybe it not simpler in the end??
I was thinking of using one line off the overflow box to accomplish it. Put the vca random flow generator nozzles and e golden.they are supposed to be able to run externally.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back