Jebao return pump... DC, DCT, DCP, or DCS

Simon Cushing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ran a dct 12000 on my 120g for 1.5yr never a problem, even when I went out of town...

Currently have a dct 4000 as my return on a reefer 250, 54g display, just put that on a couple months ago.

The dcp and dcs are the newer models.
May I add my opinion on Jebao return pumps: I currently ran my Jebao DC 600 for around 5yrs without any issues at all until last week I had trouble with the impeller not turning, so I have now just replaced the old with the new Jebao DCP 65000 for my 60g cube and I must add I am very pleased with it so far, so quiet you can't hear it !! In my opinion they are very reliable.

Simon Cushing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? I could swear I read somewhere that they were garbage. But I know everyone has a lot of opinions LOL
Fishbox,
You are better off with DC pumps over AC pumps, I currently ran my old Jebao DC 600 return pump for 5yrs without any issues as long as you clean them regular to maintain their performance, I have just replaced the old with the New Jebao DCP 65000 for my 60g cube I am very pleased with it!! Plus you can't hear the pump at all !! I find a Jebao are reliable!! Just because they are Chinese built people get the impression they are not reliable!! Well I disagree.

OP
OP
fishbox

fishbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fishbox,
You are better off with DC pumps over AC pumps, I currently ran my old Jebao DC 600 return pump for 5yrs without any issues as long as you clean them regular to maintain their performance, I have just replaced the old with the New Jebao DCP 65000 for my 60g cube I am very pleased with it!! Plus you can't hear the pump at all !! I find a Jebao are reliable!! Just because they are Chinese built people get the impression they are not reliable!! Well I disagree.
I ended up with the DCP 4000. After running it for a year now, I have to agree with you. It's a great pump. Dead silent! I clean it every 4mos and I've never had a hiccup nor have I seen a decline in performance.

Simon Cushing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up with the DCP 4000. After running it for a year now, I have to agree with you. It's a great pump. Dead silent! I clean it every 4mos and I've never had a hiccup nor have I seen a decline in performance.
Well Sir,
You have summed it up very well :) excellent.
I had mine for a month! Going strong ;)

chinw76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two dcp 3000 that I am not using. I went to dcp 5000 on my reefer 250. One dcp 3000 is new, other was used for 4 months. Willing to sell both if anyone is interested.

20180714_073128.jpg

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update as a few people have asked about the DCQ pumps, and I thought bringing them in would be a good idea. Apparently for the time being there are some quality issues with the pulsing controllers that need to be worked out. Just be careful with the eBay listings- I just read the warranty policy on one, and it says to contact the mfg (jebao) after 30 days- I have not heard of a single person getting a response from jebao in my nearly 5 years carrying their powerheads.

For now we are not carrying them due to reliability, but we will bring them in once those issues have been worked out and we do some testing.

Were you told about the quality issues when purchasing them from the manufacture? Does anyone own DCQ and can comment about their experience?

doughboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

good choice.
I use dcp5000 and see no reason to use/try anything else.

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good choice.
I use dcp5000 and see no reason to use/try anything else.

Have you had any issues with the wave feature? Do you use it at all? I like the idea of having variable flow from the sump back into the DT.

doughboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you had any issues with the wave feature? Do you use it at all? I like the idea of having variable flow from the sump back into the DT.

I use dcp, not dcq, so no wave function.

I'll venture a guess the dcq use the same pump as dcp, and only the controller is different.
I have not looked into dcq, but I would say the wave function is appropriate for closed loops. I think it will mess up herbie if you vary the flow on the return. The vectra has the wave (closed loop) feature, so it was just a matter of time for jebao to have it as well.

Saintnovakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two dcp 3000 that I am not using. I went to dcp 5000 on my reefer 250. One dcp 3000 is new, other was used for 4 months. Willing to sell both if anyone is interested.

20180714_073128.jpg

How much is one of the dcp 3000? Im just starting out reefing so im working on a very tight budget.lol

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe that they are different generations, so there may not be much difference, possibly things like the turbine, magnets, or controllers.

Tjakes680

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Essentially, they are just different/upgraded versions from the previous model. DC is the oldest and first version, DCT 2nd, DCS 3rd and DCP is the newest. I ran a DCT4000 for a couple years on an old 75 I had and it ran flawlessly. I did notice they lose speed if they don't get cleaned often enough.
I juat installed one on a 220 gal tank and when u say cleaning do u mean just basically cleaning impeller and shaft im not familiar with DC pumps i always use Reflow but the price elec and sound i decided to go with a DC and thats all my LFS at the time had in and it was a emergancy so far excellant so far but will see

Simon Cushing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I juat installed one on a 220 gal tank and when u say cleaning do u mean just basically cleaning impeller and shaft im not familiar with DC pumps i always use Reflow but the price elec and sound i decided to go with a DC and thats all my LFS at the time had in and it was a emergancy so far excellant so far but will see
I have a DC pump, Jebao DC 65000 as for cleaning, it is the same for all Types..Impeller and shaft plus inside the casing where the impeller fits. Hope this helps.

U

User1

View Badges
I had a 15000 dct return for my 210 gallon and yes, it checked two of the requirements for me. Quiet and affordable. However, it is no longer in use due to a crack on the neck of the return line (top). Well, not a crack but actually the threaded neck separating from the body. The body is thin and weak in my opinion and experience at least with the dct line I owned. It actually reminded me of those hostess plastic cupcake holders. Anyway I have since replaced it with Neptune's Cor 15 and it is night and day difference with regards to build quality.

The Jebao does move water, a lot. More than the Cor I replaced it with. It was also quiet and affordable like I noted. However, the overall quality is a non starter for me based on my experience.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 of the dcp 20000 pumps. I use one on my 180 gallon reef. I have it turned down to 45. The lowest setting is 30, and the highest is well over 150 if memory is right.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 13 9.4%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 59 42.8%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 65 47.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back