Jebao return pump... DC, DCT, DCP, or DCS

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used them all and yes, the DCP is utterly silent!!! I have the biggest one they make..its around 4500 gph on my close loop and seriously, i had to put my hand on it the other day to see if it was running.

If people want to spend $400 on a neptune COR pump.. fine with me, but my $100 jebao has been running my cichlid tank for 6 years now, not even a hiccup..

Last edited:

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bringing back a semi-old thread. I am looking for a backup Jebao return pump. Is there a new model they have released in 2018, or will release soon?

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bringing back a semi-old thread. I am looking for a backup Jebao return pump. Is there a new model they have released in 2018, or will release soon?
I think the newest models are the DCW sine wave pumps.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Check out reef breeders. They have a thread here and are also a sponsor.

They are a factory rep which means warranty and support vs buying from Joe Smoe on Amazon.

@reefbreeders

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out reef breeders. They have a thread here and are also a sponsor.

They are a factory rep which means warranty and support vs buying from Joe Smoe on Amazon.

@reefbreeders
o_O

Their warranty length is the same 6 months as anywhere else. That said, pumps might be cheaper from fish-street.com which also provides replacement parts.

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok. Yeah then the newest model going larger would be the DCP series.

So I see information on DCW 10000 and DCW 15000 but not available for sale anywhere. Is the DCW only for 2000 and nothing larger? Haven't seen them do that in the past.

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I see information on DCW 10000 and DCW 15000 but not available for sale anywhere. Is the DCW only for 2000 and nothing larger? Haven't seen them do that in the past.
I'm not sure. Not sure what the deal behind the dcw and dcp is. I'll say there are some power differences and my dcw has instructions on external applications that I haven't seen on the DC or DCT series. I noticed the DCW is readily available to UK customers but not US. Might be trial runs? Not sure.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
o_O

Their warranty length is the same 6 months as anywhere else. That said, pumps might be cheaper from fish-street.com which also provides replacement parts.

Our warranty is actually 12 months, and our prices are the same as Fish Street in most cases. And as the saying goes, if I had a dime for every time someone who saved $10 on amazon emailed us because they couldn't get service from the amazon/ebay seller...

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are the neweat model. I have not ordered one as i got a deal on 2 20000ltr dcp pumps before i could. I am curious about the wave feature on these. I may by a smaller flow version to plumb in as an external just for wave action. This along with the random flow return nozzles may make for some nice randomness!

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our warranty is actually 12 months, and our prices are the same as Fish Street in most cases. And as the saying goes, if I had a dime for every time someone who saved $10 on amazon emailed us because they couldn't get service from the amazon/ebay seller...
Sorry. After going to your website, it says 6 month warranty on Jebao pump products?

Last edited:

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20180705-123612.png

thomas hudson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are the neweat model. I have not ordered one as i got a deal on 2 20000ltr dcp pumps before i could. I am curious about the wave feature on these. I may by a smaller flow version to plumb in as an external just for wave action. This along with the random flow return nozzles may make for some nice randomness!
Do you know where i can buy one? Not from ebay i mean.

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reef Breeders, also I noticed you don't sell the jebao RW series listed in your warranty section and have replaced all wave makers with coral box wave makers and not specifying any warranty for them? Might be time to update that warranty page as a 12 month warranty on a cheap return pump is a great deal.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reef Breeders, also I noticed you don't sell the jebao RW series listed in your warranty section and have replaced all wave makers with coral box wave makers and not specifying any warranty for them? Might be time to update that warranty page as a 12 month warranty on a cheap return pump is a great deal.

It says the warranty period in each item description. I will update the website this afternoon- that section is out of date

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know where i can buy one? Not from ebay i mean.
No sorry ive only found them there, nobody in my area carries these pumps. They do carry reefbreeders lights but not the skimmers or thier pumps either. I plan to replace my skimmer with the coralbox cloud9 later this year.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back