Jebao return pump... DC, DCT, DCP, or DCS

STB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about DCQ. It is announced as a new 2018 generation, but I'm not able to find any review

Last edited:

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about DCQ. It is announced as a new 2018 generation, but I'm not able to find any review
Please let me know if you find anything. I saw a couple amazon and ebay listings. They say it has a wave maker function added to it. I need to buy 2 return pumps for my 180gal build. I will be buying in mid march so hopefully theres more info by than.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is nothing wrong with the jebao pumps at all. People tend to make statements about every brand, positive and negative without any personal experience.
I have a jebao DCS6000 as my return. You can purchase 2 of these, keep one as a back up, and the wireless control AND a battery backup for less than many name brand. Each has their own merit and value. All do well, and some of each fail. Can you do better? Probably. Depends on what you think better is. But you can’t go wrong.
Check out reefbreeders website for a lot of information. Also, you get a warranty through an authorized distributor and these guys are great to deal with.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Different color and added functions from the ads ive seen but thats all ive found as of yet

STB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, I've bought DCQ 3500. It is really DC with updated controller. I compared it with DC 3000 and DCP 5000. DCQ is much noisier (high frequencies) than DCP and equal to the DC.

Last edited:

STB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jebao DCQ 3500 vs Jebao DCP 5000

Last edited:

STB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebao DC 3000 (usage 2.5 years) was replaced by DCP 5000 Sine Wave pump. As result on the same water flow reef aquarium became absolutely quite. DС 3000 pump had a not really big but unpleasant noise.

Willard Barrera

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since these are budget friendly why not try and purchase 2 smaller models and run then at lower speeds for redundancy. If one fails your tank will still have flow. This should lower pump noise as well.

Finhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since these are budget friendly why not try and purchase 2 smaller models and run then at lower speeds for redundancy. If one fails your tank will still have flow. This should lower pump noise as well.

You don't need to the newer DCP models are dead silent, I cannot hear mine at any point be it at 30% flow or 100% flow.

Willard Barrera

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't need to the newer DCP models are dead silent, I cannot hear mine at any point be it at 30% flow or 100% flow.
Yes I agree. Mine too. If he is worried about it failing while you are away 2 will cover that.

U

User1

View Badges
I will say in this capacity you will get what you pay for. Jebao pumps are ok but built on the cheap side. I have a dct 15000 and it is quiet, worked ok enough, but in the end I swapped over to a Cor 15. It is a good thing I did because after two weeks of use I noticed the plastic on the Jebao's neck started to separate from the pump base. Basically the only use it saw was a tank and sump leak check for a couple weeks in the garage. I took everything apart and then moved it all into the house. Started to set up the pump again when I noticed the separation. Ordered the Cor 15 and that was it. What I am saying is that one can look at the Jebao then another pump and see a night and day difference in the quality and thickness of the pump.

I use their RW series power heads in my 40 breeder and they work great. I've had to replace one or two here but they failed due to snails getting stuck on the propeller and burning them out. In thise case however, it is just a large pump not built with a thick enough body. Heck, even the so called handle, that isn't a handle, but wants you to install it and treat it like a handle to live the pump broke...I knew I was in trouble after that. So no, save the money and use it to buy a better quality pump. Just my $0.02 worth after owning one.

Tom Blevins

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to chime in on the Jebao pumps, I have used them for about 3 years now with not one issue at all
now my Ecotech L1 I is another story, I have had 2 go bad! don't have them anymore thank goodness and will keep
running the cost effective non over priced return pumps, Buy 2 and have 1 for a backup!

U

User1

View Badges
I had to chime in on the Jebao pumps, I have used them for about 3 years now with not one issue at all
now my Ecotech L1 I is another story, I have had 2 go bad! don't have them anymore thank goodness and will keep
running the cost effective non over priced return pumps, Buy 2 and have 1 for a backup!

Having a backup regardless of manufacture is a good idea in general. In fact, if you don't want a spare sitting idle you can always buy a second to power your skimmer and use that in case of an emergency. Skimmers are not essential and can be offline while pumps are sorted out. That is what I'm doing anyway.

Edit: And yes, the Ecotech pumps are starting to get a pretty bad rep it seems. Much like Marineland and their DD series tanks :(

Tanglover11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently installed a DCP 18000 pump for basement to main floor application at 14 feet of head height. I replaced a Danner Mag drive 24. The mag drive did not have enough power and was very loud. The Jebao is nearly silent and I had to ramp down the power because it was so powerful. It has run flawlessly for 6 months so far. I had tried a DC pump before, a Deepwater Dc15 and it would shut down for no apparent reason and the power adapter would be so hot to the touch that you couldn’t even hold it. The customer service was useless. I eventually just removed it and keep it as a back up pump. The Mag drive is now used to pump water out of my sump for water changes. I am so far, very impressed with the Jebao, especially for what it cost! Long term, we shall see
3cc664c26d800c8d060091b888bc448e.jpg
91f7794f4f10a0f875f9b1ebacfe2dc4.jpg

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a DCT-6000 on March 10, 2016 and it is still running flawlessly. Never even cleaned it and no issues at all. As with everything you purchase, there will always be a chance of it failing on you; regardless of how much you spend on it. Some break more frequently than others, but at the same time, you do not know the whole story of why something broke in someone else's aquarium. Could be it just plain out failed or could have been something the owner did/didn't do based on their system.

Tanglover11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a DCT-6000 on March 10, 2016 and it is still running flawlessly. Never even cleaned it and no issues at all. As with everything you purchase, there will always be a chance of it failing on you; regardless of how much you spend on it. Some break more frequently than others, but at the same time, you do not know the whole story of why something broke in someone else's aquarium. Could be it just plain out failed or could have been something the owner did/didn't do based on their system.

I completely agree. I’ve always felt you get what you pay for and with pumps some have been very expensive and not very durable and some have been underpowered. Saltwater pumps can take a beating in or out of water. It is a harsh environment. That being said, the Jebao has really surprised me with its performance for price ratio. It is so efficient that I’m considering buying a second one for a backup because of the low cost and high performance!

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I completely agree. I’ve always felt you get what you pay for and with pumps some have been very expensive and not very durable and some have been underpowered. Saltwater pumps can take a beating in or out of water. It is a harsh environment. That being said, the Jebao has really surprised me with its performance for price ratio. It is so efficient that I’m considering buying a second one for a backup because of the low cost and high performance!

Yeah I am setting up my frag tank and was looking around at some of the other pumps and I said to myself, why spend the money on an expensive pump and the Jebao has worked excellent for me. I spend a lot of money on my system and to me the Jebao fits the bill for a return pump if you are in the market for a pump. If you keep you system somewhat clean it will perform for you. This is firsthand experience. As a matter of fact, I have been very luck with pumps. I did have a Reeflo Dart go bad on me, but it was taken care of with the manufacturer without issue. Currently running a Hammerhead on my DT and feeding all of my reactors with the one pump. Will do the same with the frag tank and the Jebao.

For people looking for a DC pump, I can highly recommend the DCT-6000. If you are new to the hobby and want to spend more on lighting, skimmer, bigger tank, do not overlook the Jebao.

No you cannot adjust the flow with an Apex or anything like that, but you can control power on/off so what else do you really need at that point?

psidriven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw there's a DCW pump now. Looks like its a smaller size meant for AIO and other smaller return areas.

So is the consensus that the DCP is the best/reliable/quiet/powerful model to get? I still see DC, DCT and DCS for sale online.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back