Just left Petco super depressed

frogman_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live aquaria does not operate separately. It's owned by pet co. When you tour live aquaria pet co signs are everywhere.

I'm not sure where you get your information. I got mine from the VP of PetCo located in California. He is a 30 Saltwater enthusiast. The business joined in a mass purchase, however as @Dtackett stated. PetCo is NOT the one driving the requirements. Dr F&S is, try attending one of their quarterly investment calls and you will understand more of what I am talking about. You can find it on their (PetCo and Dr. F&S sites).

PetCo might be the name brand, but they do not operate under the same guidelines. (with the exception of legality and marketing)

PetCo is Required to improve their practices. But a majority of the animals in PetCo don't come from Live Aquaria. They come from A&M Aquatics of whom they have been in partnership with them for years.

Read this: you might begin to understand what I mean by PetCo will not change the goods and service of F&S

http://www.veterinarypracticenews.com/Petco-Buying-Drs-Foster-and-Smith/

Another good article and financials are listed below. http://www.thestreet.com/story/1296...imal-supplies-scoops-up-drs-foster-smith.html
Look up the info on "The Street", where I get most of my fiscal investment news.

I'm not trying to say prices won't shift, or that PetCo won't claim success, but the folks who run and build F&S are still running the show there. Not PetCo pukes.

That's all, I take very deep considerations and do ample research in my investments. And I invest in TPG Capital. The financial backers of PetCo.

You can still say and think however you wish, that's your right. I just wanted to provide people with a few facts and let y'all decide from there. Hope this helps someone.

If not, no intent up upset anyone.

Eric G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure where you get your information. I got mine from the VP of PetCo located in California. He is a 30 Saltwater enthusiast. The business joined in a mass purchase, however as @Dtackett stated. PetCo is NOT the one driving the requirements. Dr F&S is, try attending one of their quarterly investment calls and you will understand more of what I am talking about. You can find it on their (PetCo and Dr. F&S sites).

PetCo might be the name brand, but they do not operate under the same guidelines. (with the exception of legality and marketing)

PetCo is Required to improve their practices. But a majority of the animals in PetCo don't come from Live Aquaria. They come from A&M Aquatics of whom they have been in partnership with them for years.

Read this: you might begin to understand what I mean by PetCo will not change the goods and service of F&S

http://www.veterinarypracticenews.com/Petco-Buying-Drs-Foster-and-Smith/

Another good article and financials are listed below. http://www.thestreet.com/story/1296...imal-supplies-scoops-up-drs-foster-smith.html
Look up the info on "The Street", where I get most of my fiscal investment news.

I'm not trying to say prices won't shift, or that PetCo won't claim success, but the folks who run and build F&S are still running the show there. Not PetCo pukes.

That's all, I take very deep considerations and do ample research in my investments. And I invest in TPG Capital. The financial backers of PetCo.

You can still say and think however you wish, that's your right. I just wanted to provide people with a few facts and let y'all decide from there. Hope this helps someone.

If not, no intent up upset anyone.
I live A little way down the road from fosters. My information comes from the people running foster and smith

Jtarlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Petco,s in Wisconsin I have been to do not sell any saltwater product be it fish or corals. But one would think that an employee or someone in a power position would see this and possibly respond.
I don't waste my time or gas to even stop at one.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back