Justfebreezeit IM Nuvo Fusion 20

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, I followed your lead with the Sicce 1.5 - now that's a solid upgrade! I also stuck one the IM/Aquagadget reactors on the tank - not sure if its a solid upgrade though. For the price point I am a little disappointed in how wonky it is and hard to tune - would have felt much better at $40 bucks. I should have just hung a BRS mini reactor off the back.

OP
OP
Justfebreezeit

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, I followed your lead with the Sicce 1.5 - now that's a solid upgrade! I also stuck one the IM/Aquagadget reactors on the tank - not sure if its a solid upgrade though. For the price point I am a little disappointed in how wonky it is and hard to tune - would have felt much better at $40 bucks. I should have just hung a BRS mini reactor off the back.

Sweet. yeah the sicce 1.5 is near silent and solid flow. What did you throw in that reactor? gfo, garbon? Im using one of the 2nd chambers as a refugium at the moment. I've only had it set up a couple days so I have no idea if its a good idea either.

53171.jpeg

If it works well i'm going to convert the other chamber to one as well.

OP
OP
Justfebreezeit

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20180113_180250.jpg

FTS after a water change. My live rock was supposed to come today but it didnt. So not much happening till I get my rocks. But everything looks happy and is growing!

tropicalmarc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love Innovative Marine NUVO Fusion 20. Here is a pic of mine with polymer resin corals that last forever. Lost my old reef tank to Hurricane Irma and I've gone synthetic

20171129_193014_001.jpg

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet. yeah the sicce 1.5 is near silent and solid flow. What did you throw in that reactor? gfo, garbon? Im using one of the 2nd chambers as a refugium at the moment. I've only had it set up a couple days so I have no idea if its a good idea either.

53171.jpeg

If it works well i'm going to convert the other chamber to one as well.
I have both GFO and carbon in it. I used BRS ROX 8 and High Capacity GFO - both because I use them on another tank and both unfortunately fairly small sized. The lack of control with that little reactor means that I have either a fast tumble or no tumble. I may try SeaChem Matrix carbon and SeaChem Phosguard - both larger spherical beads. I'm thinking pack the reactor and maybe change the media every week or two. 1/4 cup of each should fit - maybe. I have a bunch of stuff in this tank that needs to fed a couple of times a week and that is sensitive to VERY low P04 and nitrates so I'm going to take it slow. I really cant believe that no one makes a hi quality duel chamber reactor for these tanks. Shame there isn't something like a mini duel chamber spyglass reactor. Below is a recent picture. Did some rockwork on it yesterday, not very happy with it but it is getting there. And sorry for the oversaturated picture - new phone / pixel2 / not much control over the white balance.

IMG_20180114_173016.jpg

OP
OP
Justfebreezeit

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20180117_180812.jpg

New FTS.

My ARC Reef live rocks finally came in, they look great. Tons of different colors and all kinds of life. I actually used the underside of the big pieces because i liked the way they fit. So they will color up eventually.

Most of the coral placements are probably temporary but i want to give everything time to settle.

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20180117_180812.jpg

New FTS.

My ARC Reef live rocks finally came in, they look great. Tons of different colors and all kinds of life. I actually used the underside of the big pieces because i liked the way they fit. So they will color up eventually.

Most of the coral placements are probably temporary but i want to give everything time to settle.
Dang man, that looks great . not silly crowded like the shot I posted of mine - !m sure you will have coralline all over that tank in short order! BTW, how is that fuge working out? Getting any growth?

OP
OP
Justfebreezeit

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang man, that looks great . not silly crowded like the shot I posted of mine - !m sure you will have coralline all over that tank in short order! BTW, how is that fuge working out? Getting any growth?

Thanks man, i'm sure my tank will be crowded like yours soon! Its hard not to stuff corals in these things. Fuge is definitely working a little dropped my nitrates from around 10 to 5 on average and phosphates from around .03 to .02 on average. Thats with 20% weekly water changes. (maybe more depending on how many actual gallons are in the tank). Havent had to harvest chaeto yet though, so im still in testing phase. Oh i also went ahead and did the other chamber anyways and stuffed the marine pure in the return chamber in that little upside down T area.

I need some scollys like you got!

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man, i'm sure my tank will be crowded like yours soon! Its hard not to stuff corals in these things. Fuge is definitely working a little dropped my nitrates from around 10 to 5 on average and phosphates from around .03 to .02 on average. Thats with 20% weekly water changes. (maybe more depending on how many actual gallons are in the tank). Havent had to harvest chaeto yet though, so im still in testing phase. Oh i also went ahead and did the other chamber anyways and stuffed the marine pure in the return chamber in that little upside down T area.

I need some scollys like you got!
Noticed any difference in PH? I have chronic low issue and really don't want to jump through hoops fixing it. Saw that fuge and thought that might work.

OP
OP
Justfebreezeit

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed any difference in PH? I have chronic low issue and really don't want to jump through hoops fixing it. Saw that fuge and thought that might work.

I haven't tested for PH since i started the tank. I do have it on a reverse light cycle for that reason hoping it does. I honestly doubt it would change it more than .1 if it changes it at all.

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't tested for PH since i started the tank. I do have it on a reverse light cycle for that reason hoping it does. I honestly doubt it would change it more than .1 if it changes it at all.
Lucky Man! Mines all over the place - down 7.5 and up to 8.3. Adding a C02 scrubber this weekend.

OP
OP
Justfebreezeit

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update here:

Just got a tail spot blenny today. I've been wanting one for awhile but not sure how the sixline would react. Luckily my lfs said if the sixline was beating him up they would take him back. So I got the little guy. The sixline was a little fker at first, so I put a small net next to the tailspots hole hoping to deter the sixline. Its been about 6 hours now and the sixline only raises his fins when he pases him now, and the tailspot is already roaming and grazing. I think the tailspot got his own licks in making the sixline a little more cautious. I'll keep an eye on them both though.

The chaeto in the back isnt really growing but i do have carbon in one side and purigen in the other so im guessing there aint much going on for it. (also the submersible lights are probably junk)
On the other hand the Dragons Breath in the display has grown some.

I also picked up some frags from the tidal garden live sale last weekend. Nothing special but exactly what i was looking for, easier sps and a blue zoa morph.

Green Monti cap with white polyps
Green/Yellow Birdsnest
Purple Pocillipora
Blue tub or something rather zoas.

And a Full tank shot thrown in for good measure.

20180127_175439.jpg 20180127_175535.jpg 20180124_122437.jpg

jeffmr4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They kind of look like flatworms to me. Nice tank. What kind of rock did you use?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.3%
Back