jz's 60 Gallon

greg0385

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome setup, i like your aquqscape with all those places to put corals. nice and open for fish to swim and very eye catching. keep up the good work.
greg

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll see if I can get a better shot of the clam tonight. I've been having some water clarity issues that I just can't pin down so I've been dealing with that. It seems about 2-3 days a week the tank just goes cloudy. Maybe I'm overfeeding? Only other change to the tank has been a switch to Aquavito Salinity salt...

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was just sittin on the couch and caught myself staring at the tank thinking how clear and great it looks. Pretty funny considering I was asking about cloudy water 2 days ago. Got some sweet acros from ReefPets coming tomorrow and picked a few up from Vivid so I'll have some new pics for y'all soon!

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the pieces TAR made for you. they look great. Your acans are so bright and colorful. How do you like your AI LEDs?

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the pieces TAR made for you. they look great. Your acans are so bright and colorful. How do you like your AI LEDs?

Man, I absolutely love them, wouldn't trade them for anything. The amount of control they offer over each of the colors is unbelievable.

Hahahaha... something about this post makes me laugh.

lol I'm surprised nobody said anything earlier! Gave me a good chuckle as well.

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Say... what are those orange acans with purple and red rim on the bottom left of the center tower?

I like the center tower and how it covers the overflow. I have a similar overflow in the center of my tank and working on different way to "make it disappear". :)

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Say... what are those orange acans with purple and red rim on the bottom left of the center tower?

I like the center tower and how it covers the overflow. I have a similar overflow in the center of my tank and working on different way to "make it disappear". :)

The ones with the yellow towards the center? Those I refer to as my "bold and beautiful". I don't remember where they came from but I've had them for quite a while and they're by far the most bold colored acans I've seen.

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pick up. They are great and definately eye catching. They caught my eye even though they were in the back ground.

And yes! Show us your clam! hahahaah.

Bandomo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JZ, what are your AI settings. I've been struggling a tad with my acans on my sandbed, not sure if they are recieving to much or to little light. LMK. Oh, and how do you acclimate your new corals under the LED's? Thanks for any advice!

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JZ, what are your AI settings. I've been struggling a tad with my acans on my sandbed, not sure if they are recieving to much or to little light. LMK. Oh, and how do you acclimate your new corals under the LED's? Thanks for any advice!

I've got the lights hung about 12" over the tank and I'd say anywhere from 14"-18" from the top of the tank down to the sand bed, so about 26"-30" total distance. I'm currently running at 30% W / 25% B / 35% RB from 1pm - 6pm with a 90 min ramp up. At 6pm I switch to 10% W / 15% B / 35% RB which stays on until 11pm. From 11pm - 1pm I run 2 % RB with the lunar setting on.

I haven't had any issues with my acans or favias down on the bottom, but many of them were under a much brighter light previously. I have however fried a few SPS up at the top. Unfortunately I don't have a PAR meter to provide any readings but hopefully this helps.

To be honest I don't do a whole lot to acclimate my acans, I just put them on the sand bed. I do keep an eye on them for the first couple weeks and move them forward or to a side if I feel they're changing color too much.

Hopefully this helps a little!

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up this Sexy piece tonight from Mike at SC. Got a few other pieces as well!

web.jpg

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous bleeding apple scoly. I love how those scolys always have a metallic t\look to them no matter what your lighting combo is.

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incredible tank and rock work. I especially like the fts posted on 3/25. And with all that shelf space, youre never going to run out of space!

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that scoly is a beauty!! The picture was hurting my eyes i can only imagine in person!! Would love to get one of these myself!

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I "stumbled" across your thread this morning and I have to say I love the way gooch's products look in your tank! This is going to look fantastic when the pieces color up and your corals grow! I think I counted 6 aquascaping changes ... I think you should stay with this one ;)

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I "stumbled" across your thread this morning and I have to say I love the way gooch's products look in your tank! This is going to look fantastic when the pieces color up and your corals grow! I think I counted 6 aquascaping changes ... I think you should stay with this one ;)

Haha, yes! I totally agree! They look awesome and now that I've got some more sticks in there it looks even better. I'll have to get some new pics up for you guys sometime next week when I'm back in town!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back