Keith's IM Nuvo EXT 100

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which Side of the tank is unleveled? What are you using to measure that the tank is leveled? Which corner is unleveled? I would shim that corner and only that corner.
Its unlevel side to side. Perfectly level front to back....as of now, I only shimmed 2 corners but did not shim the empty space between the rest of the stand and the floot
20201220_190933.jpg

OP
OP
coronarex

coronarex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its unlevel side to side. Perfectly level front to back....as of now, I only shimmed 2 corners but did not shim the empty space between the rest of the stand and the floot
20201220_190933.jpg
I would shim only one side. And not too much. When u add water to the tank, you shouldn’t have much space. What’s the wood under the tank?

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only shimmer one side the question is whether I should shim the voids

OP
OP
coronarex

coronarex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only shimmer one side the question is whether I should shim the voids
why are u using the plywood under the tank? just curious. i have never seen this before. Im really not sure if the plywood is ness. it may be contributing to the tank being unleveled. have u tried leveling the tank w/o the plywood?

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why are u using the plywood under the tank? just curious. i have never seen this before. Im really not sure if the plywood is ness. it may be contributing to the tank being unleveled. have u tried leveling the tank w/o the plywood?
I usually do that to help spread the weight across more of the floor. The floor is just unlevel in this area of my house....most peoples floors are not perfectly level...especially ones that were built 50 years ago lol

OP
OP
coronarex

coronarex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually do that to help spread the weight across more of the floor. The floor is just unlevel in this area of my house....most peoples floors are not perfectly level...especially ones that were built 50 years ago lol
I understand that. I wish I could help more. Need to be there in person lol where u live ? Haha I would do whatever makes you feel most confident in the tanks ability to hold water forever

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand that. I wish I could help more. Need to be there in person lol where u live ? Haha I would do whatever makes you feel most confident in the tanks ability to hold water forever
Lol....this is what IM told me to do....I emailed them again just to make sure

OlafsReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot Mike. It feels amazing! I'm very happy. I spent a lot of time and money on the plumbing and sump, so to have no issue is a great feeling.
I was just as nervous filling up the tank. I thought the water was gonna start overflowing onto the floor lol.
I'm going to keep playing with the gate valve. Every 30 min I go into the office and just listen. I did lower the water level a smidge. There are no more water bubbles but I still hear a faint gurgle. One could argue that it's silent but not to me lol, I'm gonna keep tweaking it. Where should the skimmer water level be? Seems like 8" is the lowest. Also what biological filtration should I go with? The bio brick (plate) from brightwell is about $40, out of stock though.
Hey Keith,

I was admiring your plumbing and Just wanted to toss this out there regard noise levels. I noticed your primary and secondary drain lines are well below the water line. I am under the impression that it is recommended to only keep a siphon line 1-2" below the water line in your sump to make it easier for the siphon to purge air. If not it will contribute noise and maybe worth looking into. You can also consider placing a traditional BeanAnimal double 90 elbow and 90+capped-T on the main and secondary drains so the main drain pulls water from below the water line in the external overflow chamber. Really clean job so far :)

OP
OP
coronarex

coronarex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Keith,

I was admiring your plumbing and Just wanted to toss this out there regard noise levels. I noticed your primary and secondary drain lines are well below the water line. I am under the impression that it is recommended to only keep a siphon line 1-2" below the water line in your sump to make it easier for the siphon to purge air. If not it will contribute noise and maybe worth looking into. You can also consider placing a traditional BeanAnimal double 90 elbow and 90+capped-T on the main and secondary drains so the main drain pulls water from below the water line in the external overflow chamber. Really clean job so far :)
Thanks friend. I appreciate your post. I have dialed in the gate valve and got it pretty silent. I am happy

OP
OP
coronarex

coronarex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is cycling so not much to show. Temp is at 84F and salinity at 19 ppt. Cycling Dr Tims way. Check out his MACNA speech. After one week I am seeing a nice bio film on the glass. Testing for ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates every few days. When I get some nitrites I’ll add more ammonia. Other than that , just gonna let the tank run. I love staring at an empty tank, it’s really beautiful to me. Right now I’m just running the V8, 2 MP40s, 300 watts of heater, and the ATO. I will def be adding another mp40 Bc 2 isn’t enough for a 4 foot barebottom tank imo. I’ll also be added seeded media from an existing tank monthly, prolly about 5# more of bio media. I made a frag rock for SPS and a skimmer stand. Happy New Year
063B969F-B4C4-4DA8-B5D0-EC5ED47916C7.jpeg
0D6B20B1-FAE1-4430-BA34-FE2357407D24.jpeg
6A9247F4-105E-4492-B69E-C6853DB7F51C.jpeg
841167FE-C5B5-4652-A046-9A50B7F6287F.jpeg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back