Kent Garlic Xtreme

Thomas.flynn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have experience using this as a food attractant? I’m not using for ich but for transitioning my fish onto mysis

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone have experience using this as a food attractant? I’m not using for ich but for transitioning my fish onto mysis
I tried it - to me it didn't seem to help. (more of a placebo) - the fish eventually ate it - but - my guess is they would have begun eating with or without it. Let us know if you try it - and the results. What kind of fish are you trying to feed.

One recommendation I have - try LRS foods. Every one of my fish ate it - immediately. I added other foods I wanted to feed with it - and soon they were eating both - and then could be transitioned over. I still use LRS several times/week.

ARCkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used it years ago to get a a stubborn recently collected jawfish interested in frozen foods. I can't swear it was the garlic, but, after 5 days of refusing frozen foods, he ate the first item soaked in garlic that I offered.

On freshwater fish, we made the decision to discontinue feeding live fish to one of our large native fish exhibits at work due to repeated disease outbreaks. None of our large predators would touch frozen or gel. We added Kent's Garlic Extreme to our gel formulation and the sturgeon began eating the gel for the first time immediately. We added a little to the fish and krill when thawing and began having success for the first time. Now even the pike, which are visually oriented hunters, will take gel which doesn't resemble a natural food item at all.

That brings up another use for the garlic extract. If there is anything your fish are currently eating you can add a little garlic to it and get them to associate the garlic with food. That will make them more likely to consider other garlic treated items as something to eat.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 110 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 85 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 41 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 13 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.6%
Back