Kessil A160WE for 20High reef

NewGuy8899

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 7, 2021
Messages
90
Reaction score
30
Location
Fort Wayne
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would this be good for SPS in a 20g high? I would like to have a mixed tank and plan on upgrading to a 55g in 8 months.
Thanks,
 
Two would be better or in conjunction with a hybrid setup, T5 or led bars. I used three 160’s over my 22g sps nano, but had to add T5 because of shading from so much growth.
4AEB3D86-0DA6-43DF-842D-5AD4331D3431.jpeg

Here you can see the three 160’s reflecting on the surface.
 
Two would be better or in conjunction with a hybrid setup, T5 or led bars. I used three 160’s over my 22g sps nano, but had to add T5 because of shading from so much growth.
4AEB3D86-0DA6-43DF-842D-5AD4331D3431.jpeg

Here you can see the three 160’s reflecting on the surface.
Thank you I just got the current usa r24 looks like one can handle the 20g high for SPS
 
I think it could work but if you’re going to switch to a 55g soon then maybe grab one of those AP700s from the saltwater aquarium clearance section to make sure you’re good for your upgrade.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new