Kessil a80 to Supplement AI Prime 16?

Angelo Fatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I have a prime lighting my 15 Nuvo fusion cube tank and it’s growing corals really well, but I am playing with the idea of adding more light to get a better coverage and get rid of some shadows. I was thinking about using a kessil a80 to do this and to also give the shimmer I like. I found one used for a good price. Is this something that someone else has done before? I would really like to add t5 but don’t like the idea of putting a 2ft fixture over a 15 inch tank. Thanks all.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do that but I just cam across an a80 for a very good price and I do like the shimmer. If someone had a blade for a similar price I would do it.

Have you thought about possibly selling the prime and running two a80's (or finding a second prime for cheap)? I would just think there would be a difference in color or aesthetic when running the two next to eachother based off of my use of the two lights.

OP
OP
Angelo Fatica

Angelo Fatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you thought about possibly selling the prime and running two a80's (or finding a second prime for cheap)? I would just think there would be a difference in color or aesthetic when running the two next to eachother based off of my use of the two lights.
I just tested throwing my a80 from my other tank on this one with the prime and being 15watts it didn’t even make a difference in lighting for the tank. Will probably have to just consider a blade.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back