The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are those zoas? Really nice!

Have you seen the Royal Gramma?
They're @REEFTIDE Fruitloops Zoas! <3

And yes!! Glitch lives -- I even saw him for more than two seconds today!

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love picking through rock too, plus the bonus of bio diversity.
I'm curious about what hitchhikers I may have brought home! The former Mr. Britches brought home murderous fireworms, but also some cool feather dusters and lots of copepods.

I'll die if I get fireworms in my tank.

Last edited:

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious about what hitchhikers I may have brought home! The former Mr. Britches brought home murderous fireworms, but also some cool feather dusters and lots of copepods.

I'll die if I get fireworms in my tank.
I’ve caught one nudi ! And then all the aiptasia if I get fireworms I’m nuking the tank .
I stand by it

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely put LR in both your tanks. I wish I had put some in mine early on.
I definitely will. I'm going to move the scape around a bit tomorrow, so it's perfect timing. Fingers crossed there aren't any bad guys hiding in there.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the live rock I got from petco, I did a freshwater dip, only a few seconds, and you wouldn't believe the amount of crawlies that come out. Bristle worms hate it, they evacuate immediately. I'd assume so would fire worms. However, you'll also lose copepods and such. I didn't lose bacteria or the coralline algae though so that's a good thing. Look out for vermited snails, nip those little buggers off the rock!

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this was the first time I went somewhere other than daycare or my middle daughter's school since August.
Okay -- this is a lie. I have gone (inside) to Petco, the animal shelter, and Lowe's -- looking GROTESQUE every single time. My brain didn't register those outings because I went out in my true form...

Hot to Not - Mad Madam Mim.gif

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay -- this is a lie. I have gone (inside) to Petco, the animal shelter, and Lowe's -- looking GROTESQUE every single time. My brain didn't register those outings because I went out in my true form...

Hot to Not - Mad Madam Mim.gif
Thank you... I now have beer coming out of my nose.

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh. No fair. That looks amazing. I'm gonna have to swing by the liquor store to give it a try!
Danger! Danger! ONE is all you need... seriously.

That "stout" is so dark that my crazy bright LED flashlight won't shine through it. I poured it in a glass and put the light on the other side facing me and could not see it. and it smells like a glass of bourbon.

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Danger! Danger! ONE is all you need... seriously.

That "stout" is so dark that my crazy bright LED flashlight won't shine through it. I poured it in a glass and put the light on the other side facing me and could not see it. and it smells like a glass of bourbon.
Sounds like you could eat it with a spoon. Haha. How does it compare to Guinness?

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you could eat it with a spoon. Haha. How does it compare to Guinness?
Guiness? Really??? Not even in the same ballpark. Dragons Milk isn't even the same game as Guiness. Guiness is 4.2% alcohol... Dragons Milk is 11%. You might even want a chaser like you were drinking bourbon. You will love it or you will hate it, but you WILL feel it. Probably the most hardcore beer/stout I've ever tried.

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guiness? Really??? Not even in the same ballpark. Dragons Milk isn't even the same game as Guiness. Guiness is 4.2% alcohol... Dragons Milk is 11%. You might even want a chaser like you were drinking bourbon. You will love it or you will hate it, but you WILL feel it. Probably the most hardcore beer/stout I've ever tried.
I meant more flavor profile over alcohol content. But you kind of answered that, too. :) I'll have to brace myself -- my brother is always trying to get me to drink bourbon and I have yet to appreciate the flavor. Haha. Always game to try something new, though!

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I meant more flavor profile over alcohol content. But you kind of answered that, too. :) I'll have to brace myself -- my brother is always trying to get me to drink bourbon and I have yet to appreciate the flavor. Haha. Always game to try something new, though!
Buckle up buttercup... like I said, you'll love it or hate it. Not something you'll drink often but I do crack one open once in a while by the fire pit out back. They're strong

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buckle up buttercup... like I said, you'll love it or hate it. Not something you'll drink often but I do crack one open once in a while by the fire pit out back. They're strong
I'll let you know how I like it (or don't).

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back