OP
K

knd342

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another update: I found a few more leaks, one below the bulkhead on the drain, where I realized that *because* of the union I couldn't remove the pipe without slicing out and replacing the bulkhead (union connector stays on the side that needs to lift up and out of the hole drilled in the tank).

So I tried the shop vac thing, figuring either it works or I need to buy a sawzall or something to cut out the bulkhead anyway. I'd prefer to "fix it right" like many people have said, but in this case it seemed worth the experiment. I've had the tank running for a couple of days now, and the shop vac section is holding (knock on wood!).

For the others, I removed the plumbing and used the fitting saver again. Really glad I found out about that tool as it has turned fixing a leak from having to re-think and re-measure and try to "make the plumbing fit" into pop out the problem area and replace a piece of pipe.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used fitting savers in the past on plumbing projects and the work good.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 56 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back