OP
OP
Tom Caknakis

Tom Caknakis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably I should make some things little bit clear.

I didnt post this thred to start some flame. I had on my mind just few points.

1 - I posted photo with failing silicone month before tank crashed. Got many opinions, even some offensive ones how paranoid Im.
2 - when I came back to RS FB group with picture of leaking tank, there was no intention "make RS dirty" or anything like that - just wanted show that I was not paranoid and maybe warn some tank owners who deal with similar silicone issue.
3 - some of you who see something similar at your silicone should do something
4 - I came here because remeber some forum users deal same issue. Sorry, but when I post something on official RS page and its immediatelly deleted (na matter there was not bad word) - it looks to me like RS just dont want take any discussion with failed tank. Thats why I decided ask here what is your experience with RS support.

Thank you for link with failed 750 reefer - thats exactly topic I was looking for. Many useful information. And have a good day. Greetings from oversea :)

OP
OP
Tom Caknakis

Tom Caknakis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When people on the Facebook page said its completely normal,were there many people with the same issue?
I've just checked my 250 and it looks like yours, though not as bad.
Do you think that the slightly out of line seams were connected to the leak from the bottom of your tank?

I tried look at history and find that post but unfortunately is was deleted by RS group admin too... probably unwanted evidence :) I think there is clear connection with leak from bottom. Just silicone job was not made correct way...my opinion

implusebuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I’m really scare to order the Red Sea 900xl.
im with you. ive owned 2 red sea tanks and i was ready to upgrade to a 900xxl but with all these issues i wouldnt be able to sleep at night thinking that tank could split any moment. I also have small children running around and a new house. They went bigger but its still rimless and not bottom interior bracing in the tank. Yes they put a brace or 2 to jack up the stand but still my confidence in their product is lost.

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1 - I posted photo with failing silicone month before tank crashed. Got many opinions, even some offensive ones how paranoid Im.
2 - when I came back to RS FB group with picture of leaking tank, there was no intention "make RS dirty" or anything like that - just wanted show that I was not paranoid and maybe warn some tank owners who deal with similar silicone issue.
4 - I came here because remeber some forum users deal same issue. Sorry, but when I post something on official RS page and its immediatelly deleted (na matter there was not bad word) - it looks to me like RS just dont want take any discussion with failed tank. Thats why I decided ask here what is your experience with RS support.

Thank you for link with failed 750 reefer - thats exactly topic I was looking for. Many useful information. And have a good day. Greetings from oversea :)
I think your post was fine. You weren't trashing the company at all. I just read another thread today where there was a similar issue (tank wasn't leaking yet) and they said they'd replace it. But, he was in Canada and they would only ship to the US and he had to figure it out from there. The cost was super high to get it to his house. Hope that's not the same with someone overseas (and frankly, not sure why it would be that way for Canada)

Pennywise the Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200129_154820.jpg
Here is my 250.
I have sent a picture off to Red Sea and was told it is perfectly normal. I do understand that the silicone will give/flex a little bit and my panels have only shifted a small amount.
But I will be keeping an eye on it for any sign of it getting worse. 20200130_213018.jpg

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Best of luck and I hope Red Sea does the right thing for you. Keep us posted!

LC8Sumi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea is probably deleting the posts because they don't want mass hysteria/paranoia, which FB groups are well know for/about, not because they want to cover up evidence, lol.
If you contact their support straight away, it's more than likely that they would help.
But yeah, let's scare a couple 100's of people & shade a business, that totally works out great all the time. I wonder if it was the other way around, and people where posting things like this about your business & spreading fear about your products - instead of contacting directly you beforehands - without you even being able to do anything for the costumer (because you haven't even been contacted), how would you react.

Lizbeli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry you are going through this. Made me nervous and I decided to check my waterbox. All seams look great but I have a small 1/4” pocket of air or tank water in one spot. Now I am stressed like crazy! These types of things get people checking their tanks and then I am sure a bunch of warrantee claims pop up.

Brien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar problem with a Red Sea Reefer 350 after a few months. The seal started to separate at the top right corner. It took several phone calls but eventually I got them to replace my tank. Been about 4-years with the replacement tank and no more problems..knock on wood.

22100629992_02e5772eae_c.jpg

Lizbeli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar problem with a Red Sea Reefer 350 after a few months. The seal started to separate at the top right corner. It took several phone calls but eventually I got them to replace my tank. Been about 4-years with the replacement tank and no more problems..knock on wood.

22100629992_02e5772eae_c.jpg

Can I ask how it started? Did it look anything like this...

E3BB69CE-86BE-4367-B0E2-1654886DA9EB.jpeg

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea is probably deleting the posts because they don't want mass hysteria/paranoia, which FB groups are well know for/about, not because they want to cover up evidence, lol.
If you contact their support straight away, it's more than likely that they would help.
But yeah, let's scare a couple 100's of people & shade a business, that totally works out great all the time. I wonder if it was the other way around, and people where posting things like this about your business & spreading fear about your products - instead of contacting directly you beforehands - without you even being able to do anything for the costumer (because you haven't even been contacted), how would you react.

As a business owner that also has social media that allows people to voice their opinions, I take pride in fixing the issues people post about and publicly posting back to show the fix and the fact I’ve rectified it. As a business it’s very important to publicly allow people to post even the bad and to also publicly post back, especially when any problems are solved. It shows care from you end to the consumer.

I don’t believe it’s spreading fear at all. It’s spreading awareness and likely saved a few more tanks than we read about simply because it made people look more.

What Red Sea fail to do is acknowledge the problems and shut them down before giving them a chance. Yes they direct you to customer support but deleting the issue is a sure way to make people believe you aren’t willing to even believe the issue exists.

And let’s not forget one of the main admins on that site tends to come over to this one and play the attacker too. An extremely bad look that has likely lost them thousands of potential customers. In fact I’m shocked said member hasn’t already posted on this one claiming it’s a fake.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best way for businesses to address problems in the age of social media is to be as open and transparent about the issue and it's fix as they can possibly be because you just can't keep anything quiet anymore.

OP
OP
Tom Caknakis

Tom Caknakis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Im also business owner. You can take a look at my facebook page Sviť Líp - you can see there I also recieved some bad reviews, but every time I tried do my best to solve situation, contact customer and do the right stuff. Not by deleting posts...

I agree correct way to solve my problem is directly with RS, but as I wrote before, i didnt wrote this thred with expecting solution, just asked for advice, also my experience could be useful for someone else. I think thats what forums are about - feel free discuss anything using no fool language or attack someone

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And let’s not forget one of the main admins on that site tends to come over to this one and play the attacker too. An extremely bad look that has likely lost them thousands of potential customers. In fact I’m shocked said member hasn’t already posted on this one claiming it’s a fake.

He poked his nose into the Failing RSR 450 thread and got all his posts deleted. I think the biggest issue is the Red Sea Facebook group is moderated in part by people who have no direct affiliation with Red Sea other than they have owned a tank before. They don't work for the company other than to perform moderation duties for the group. This tends to lead to issues like this where Die Hard Red Sea fans take defending Red Sea way too far to the point where it actually hurts the company.

blazedmasta

The Coral Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old posting but wanted to let everybody know the experience I had with that exact same issue. My Red Sea reefer 525 Xl have been up for about 2 years. The tank started leaking in the same location as the OP. The front glass started to come apart from the side glass panal and was leaking all over my carpet. A HUGE LEAK. I was able to stopeak by applying pressure with a ratchet scrap.I contacted them and was told the tank is our of warranty and that it's normal to have silicone leaks and for me to keep my case confidential.

I think everyone should know the kind of quality that's being sold and the customer service received and it should not be covered up to sell more high price products. I was told to buy a new tank since the silicone damage is non-repairable. I will be staying clear of Red Sea reefers tanks and going with a waterbox for my replacement. Be careful they will leak and it's not normal.

Attachments

• 20210809_115356.jpg
    20210809_115356.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 20210809_115253.jpg
    20210809_115253.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 20210809_115500.jpg
    20210809_115500.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 20210809_115203.jpg
    20210809_115203.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 40

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for me to keep my case confidential.

Sounds like a common company like many out there. They will hide problems until they can't be hid any more, then may offer a solution. I've dealt with it with Apple, VW, and Dodge. I'll never deal with it with Red Sea though. I appreciate these posts.

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks are failing at an alarmingly high level even if still a small percentage so yes people should be concerned if they have one or are warning of the potential issues.

Back