Led recommendation 36”X18X18

  • Thread starter Thread starter idxnny
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

idxnny

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 22, 2019
Messages
20
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up a tank I am about to be starting up mostly to grow some softies and lps. I was wondering on recommendations for led lighting for the tank
 
How much do you want to spend? A pair of a prime LEDS would do well for $500ish after adding on the brackets. I have a $200 viparspectra 300w over my tank and it's fine but it doesn't have any bells and whistles.
 
How much do you want to spend? A pair of a prime LEDS would do well for $500ish after adding on the brackets. I have a $200 viparspectra 300w over my tank and it's fine but it doesn't have any bells and whistles.
I was thinking about the primes as well but then I was also thinking about picking up a pair of used hydra 26s but not sure what I wanna do yet
 
I loved the pair of Hydra 26 HD's over my 40b (very similar dimensions). You would have to run them at a pretty low power for LPS and softies, but would have great coverage!
 
I loved the pair of Hydra 26 HD's over my 40b (very similar dimensions). You would have to run them at a pretty low power for LPS and softies, but would have great coverage!
Do you think I could get away with primes? Or should I just go hydra
 
I tried the primes on mine and it was OK. If you go that route I would recommend 3 Primes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new