Legendary's birthday build

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2019
Messages
2,005
Reaction score
2,546
Location
Fond Du Lac, WI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had started a pico reef but then decided it was my 40th birthday so why not build something a little cooler. :)

So I started a Innovative Marine panorama 20g drop-off.


Contents so far....

About 10 lbs of Carib sea shapes life rock
10lbs black Carib sea live sand
Eheim 125w Heater
Some hydroponic heat controller I had lying around
Smart Awc/ATO
Kasa WiFi programmable power strip
AI prime 16 HD with ceiling kit
Mighty jet return pump
Hydor Koralia powerhead

Still to come NUVO DC skim protein skimmer
 
Last edited:
BEDC1343-27AC-494F-9234-974966EBB534_1_105_c.jpeg
 
Love the drop tank design! Thoughts on stocking?
 
I love it!
 
I decided on a single lightning maroon. 2 probably would be too big for this tank and I don’t want to risk buying an non-bonded set as I’ve seen how aggressive maroons can be in the past.
 
I actually really like the tanks like that, kind of a show case for one fish
 
Well, first clown from Live Aquaria arrived nearly dead and proceeded to die within the day, got store credit but the cost of the shipping is a large portion of the cost and they never refund that. For attempt #2, I decided to get from the Divers Den and shes a beaut.
 
Last edited:
0ADA3E4A-22BC-4323-BA15-2190E00A2561_1_105_c.jpeg



Added a BTA several days ago, he's eating mysis that he catches and appears very happy. It was sold to me as a $25 green BTA but I *REALLY* think its actually a Rainbow.. Has several hues from Red to Green, thinking I got a really good deal.
 
Skimmer has been running well and I have an AquaMaxx HOB refugium that needed slight modification, in particular I had to notch out the IM filter socks to make it fit easily.
 
Really looking good. I’m not a big black-sand fan, but it’s perfect in that drop off tank!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new