Let's see your Coral QT systems!

DoctaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I'm looking to begin a coral QT System and I'm wondering what everyone has that's been working for them? Pictures and equipment appreciated!

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nothing fancy, just a 10 gallon kit with the hang on back filter, Koralia powerhead, and a couple kessil A160s and my R2R frag rack

F0CE0663-239F-4AAE-9157-8C9E9B106BC2.jpeg

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 32 gallon (new out the box chopped and stripped bare until only a shell remained (tank only), then heavily mutated (modified) Biocube LED Qt/Broodstock/holding tank it’s whatever lol. I feel it’s maybe a distant far removed third cousin at best to biocube at this point lol.

New acquisitions (incoming) Qt’d On racks dipped observed long durations months at a time. Serves also as hold arenfor frags produced in the DT or special requested would be dipped well before entering/observed isolated rack while allowing heal well. Houses a couple of working brood-stock colonies mix of Acro/ sps-WWC tricolor stag (big one in the center) ,Miami orchid, horrida, tons green digitata, pink Mille, orange cap, and some encrusting monti’s ( they’re happy why move them lol). They co-exist unfortunately a bunch Xenia Enlongata and cheap crap softies.

As it sits currently after dipping everything religiously always hard too and qt’ing most every. My Rimless display still ended up with pest grey/black bugs. At that point things stagnated did mass dipping on everything in this tank a purely preventive measure. I no longer move anything between the DT and QT these days. I’ve just kept new stuff I had planned to move the benefit of
growing out parasite free in this tank. I’ve never observed anything pest wise in here. The acro they originated from
was aussie chop frag from the LFS. I’ll never know the origin of bugs though whether it was the store/suppliers during importing /the wild. It’s also my biggest colonies measures 9”Lx 6”Wx 4”T started as one the smallest frags 13 months ago! It’s always had bugs infestations pretty bad except for windows after interceptor treatments just the complete opposite of the result you would expect lol!

Equipment/dosing, general maintenance.

-2 x XR15 gen 2 85% 20k setting 6 full hours w/ hour ramp on either end for a 8 total

-2 RMS tank mounts/reeflink

-Gyre 230 kit

-Maxspect bio spheres x 2 (sets) (modified the rearnfilter/media chamber taking the factory stacker shelf out along with tray never using/purchase filter cartridges. I glued a eggcrate platform keep sphere off the bottom and blocked level equalizer with pump chamber the flow is force down as efficient as possible entering from overflow (top) >traveling in contact sphere until reaches entrance pump chamber(coarse oem sponge in use the only mechanical filter#2 /keeping micro bubbles out #1) I clean it when the flow pushes out haha.

-Sicce syncra return

-Via Aqua 200w titanium heater w/ ink bird controller and I also tam rio grounding probe. A small PC battery back up will keep the gyre running during power outages,

-Ultralife float switchAto w/ aqualifter dripping kalk
(enormous point of sale/ free laying around, my JbJ ato lacks the patience’s for slow Mr. Tom [built-in fail safe lol]) ’

-I just dose ALk/Cal 2x a day (Mag and
K are dosed on a rare weekend the DT WT take Priority)

-5-8 gallon w/c 2x month w/ plain instant ocean.

- No skimmer/or gadgets big bioload feed LRS reef frenzy/brine/nori 1 those 7 days a week alternating.

A421BEBF-71E1-43F3-B5F6-64ADAB3F7D25.jpeg
A9E5E6E4-E95D-4AA0-BF60-8AB70F7AA34A.jpeg

Last edited:

jaxredsoxfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's mine i just started. 20L tank, aqueon HOB, Gyre 1k for flow, AI PRime HD, Eheim heater. Its only been up for about a week now so giving it another few weeks before I start adding new stock to it. I change about 4gal a week with water from my DT.

1564311114204.png

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back