Light composer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm asking for a favor as Im not at home for next 16 hours.

Whomever has time and wishes to do a quick favor if appreciate it

I'm looking at the reef rocker live 17k light composer. I see some screen shots added. 17k might be a little white for me. But I see he posted. A screen shot of the one hour it has high uv. But can someone post a screen shot of the over schedule so I can see all light %s and intensity so I can see the ramp up and ramp down times so I can get a full picture.

I don't understand the HO 130%. But looking at maybe using it but making it more ab+ color and maybe get more 19k or even 20k possibly

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well im still at work and without seeing that schedule of the RRL 17k SPS dominant light composer i believe im going to try it.. except lower the UV to 40 like mine is now so i dont cook my tank

I tried to guess AB+ setting from radion so all 100 except white/red/green at like 22 or 24.. i like the color.. that being said... i feel its not equivalent because they are just different lights.. so this weekend ill be switching the lights to reef rockers light composer and running it at a max 85% like i have now..

since changing the lights even though intensity will be the same.. should i still start at like 70% and lowly go to 85.... not sure lights changing even at same intensity overall can still ruin corals at first?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Changing the overall spectrum on the coral will definitely have some effect on condition of the corals. Whether it's bad or not, depends on how you start off with the intensity. If your previous schedule did not run the UV channels at the same percentage as the RRL schedule, then starting this one off at a lower amount is a good idea.

I would suggest using the acclimation feature so it can start your schedule off at a lower intensity and gradually increase it over the course of the next 6-8 weeks.

That means if your goal is to run them at 85%, you can set the schedule max brightness to 85% and set the acclimation feature to 82%. Doing it this way will start your schedule at 82% percent of the desired intensity (85%) which will ultimately run the light at 70%.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I created the RRL project. :)

The one you'll find on the FB group is a more fine-tuned version of that schedule. It also takes into the account the new PBT limits that were introduced.
1584650528729.png

Either one will do the job.

willieboy240

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know as per UV. But I was running modded black box. Then kessil 360 with t-5. Now just the mitras. I can tell you the mitras are the best. The coloration of the corals blows away anything that I’ve had.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so i just loaded RRL light composer, logged in GHL app on phone and did the power balancing... and since the RRL is set to 90% intensity and 100% for like a hour... i put acclimation mode to 78% to 100% for from now to 5/1/2020 since im at 85% now im starting at 70 with this new program especially if he has UV at 66% and i only got at 40 or 45.

gonna look at vinnys now to see whats different especially color wise.

willieboy240

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it all depends on how high you have the lights off the water too, how many you have and spacing.
I’m running 3 on a 190. 1 centered , (2) 17” away from the center. 10” off the water.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back