Looking for a nice bottom dwelling reef safe anemone

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for anemone that wont move around a lot that will host clowns. What would you recommend? Thanks

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to suggest Phymanthus crucifer, rock flower anemone. But they don't host clownfish. Sebae may be your best bet as bottom dwelling, but could definitely still move around.

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's moving around because it's not either getting proper light or fed correctly
To purchase a Anatomy with clownfish in it you have to buy cost you a lot of money for some reason in my tanks the clowns do not go to the anonymous my anatomy kills all my other corals so watch it carefully where you feed it it should stay implant its foot I have had one for five weeks now killed my favorite Hammer Coral and will not stop moving around the tank no matter if I feed it or how much I feed it's still is looking for a place to live and an enemy will kill all corals that it comes in contact with including carpet and enemies

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To purchase a Anatomy with clownfish in it you have to buy cost you a lot of money for some reason in my tanks the clowns do not go to the anonymous my anatomy kills all my other corals so watch it carefully where you feed it it should stay implant its foot I have had one for five weeks now killed my favorite Hammer Coral and will not stop moving around the tank no matter if I feed it or how much I feed it's still is looking for a place to live and an enemy will kill all corals that it comes in contact with including carpet and enemies
There's also a side on here that sells anenome cradles they look very practical I'm almost going to get one because between 15 and $35 depending on the size of the foot

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's moving around because it's not either getting proper light or fed correctly
They all move at the start I put it on the bottom personally they require moderate flow with above moderate light and depending on the size and type of an enemy you can feed it brine shrimp if it's small Krill if it's medium and then they have a 3-inch fish when they get really big you feed them but the first problem you have is getting it to stay put that usually is feeding but for some reason mine just will not stay still just killed my favorite Hammer Coral Too Close brains anatomies are very territorial once they touch another Coral you can count the minutes until it's dead my hammer Coral went from 100% to completely dead in 4 hours and the anatomy barely touched it it was dead no hope at all at least a $400 coral

OP
OP
JOKER

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies. Will sebae stay on the bottom or will they move onto rocks? I was thinking that may be the only option. RBTA are notorious for all of a sudden moving. The anemone will be under 250 watt radium MH so it should have plenty of light. I have limited coral at this time so I would prefer to try and get one in now.

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies. Will sebae stay on the bottom or will they move onto rocks? I was thinking that may be the only option. RBTA are notorious for all of a sudden moving. The anemone will be under 250 watt radium MH so it should have plenty of light. I have limited coral at this time so I would prefer to try and get one in now.
No I've had this Haitian pink tip anemone for five weeks and it will not set its foot it wanders the tank I feed it to try to keep it where it is it still moves I found a product called an enemy cradle looks good it is a rock with a whole in it first several sizes of an enemies this gentleman States it will not walk if it's put into this so I'm going to try it

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I've had this Haitian pink tip anemone for five weeks and it will not set its foot it wanders the tank I feed it to try to keep it where it is it still moves I found a product called an enemy cradle looks good it is a rock with a whole in it first several sizes of an enemies this gentleman States it will not walk if it's put into this so I'm going to try it
Thank you for that information I will try it for a couple of days the coral dealers not sure why it's not sending its foot but for some reason when you feed it it keeps on moving watching all my other corals very carefully I think I'm going to ditch the Anatomy before kills a lot of other valuable corals

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On this forum there is a dealer who sells anenome cradles three sizes available he claims once you put it in there it will not move it's 35 bucks what do I have to lose besides lots of rare Coral this is a disturbing animal it kills without care

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sebae, Heteractis crispa, and Long-tentacle anemones, Macrodactylus doreensis are both sand dwellers. They'll want to keep their foot at the bottom of a sandbed of decent depth, so they'll likely stay on the bottom for you - both will host clowns, but it can be a bit of a gamble as to whether they'll host _your_ clowns.

~Bruce

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sebae, Heteractis crispa, and Long-tentacle anemones, Macrodactylus doreensis are both sand dwellers. They'll want to keep their foot at the bottom of a sandbed of decent depth, so they'll likely stay on the bottom for you - both will host clowns, but it can be a bit of a gamble as to whether they'll host _your_ clowns.

~Bruce
You must use caution when you put an enemies in carpet and enemies in your tank I have a pink tip Haitian Anatomy that's wreaking havoc across my tank it will not set its foot although I feed it so it will stay there it does not these corals will kill most anything their tentacles touch my anatomy touch my beautiful 10 buds Hammer Coral stutter looked in the tank in the morning and the anatomy was starting to sting it it lasted 4 hours then turn into a piece of calcified skeleton all corals are very vicious against one another 4 room to breed and food most Wawa open or clothes burning corals have sweeper tentacles that come out at night they do some filtering for the diet but mostly there two destroy any Coral making advance to it there is a an enemy cradle sold on this website it fits three different size an enemy foot he States if you use this it will not move I'm buying one and never getting another Anatomy again good luck you're in one of the best tab e Hobby there is it is being said that the Great Barrier Reef which is mostly dead Reef tankers are keeping specimens alive and they think they can repopulate Coral from one's grown in your tank that would be amazing I'd love to be a part of it if you have any other questions I have 17 years experience don't hesitate I'm willing to share with anyone to help them enjoy they're beautiful coral reef

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

~Bruce
The rule of thumb is 3 inches of sand minimum 4 an enemies anatomies two anchored their foot but if they don't like the lighting water flow or feeding it will move

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

~Bruce
Clownfish are very hard two put in an anatomy the surest way of having clownfish in your Anatomy is to buy it when you see it My clownfish do nothing with mine enemies but they are breeding pair and I would love to get them in to an anatomy but for some reason they won't

duncangweller

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem I always find with anemones was not that they wouldn't stay put, it was that once they were happy they would start splitting and then you have many little anemones wandering around. One quickly became 5 or 6 and then I was trying to get rid of them but most people either already had one, or didn't want another one. Even the LFS was overrun with them.

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem I always find with anemones was not that they wouldn't stay put, it was that once they were happy they would start splitting and then you have many little anemones wandering around. One quickly became 5 or 6 and then I was trying to get rid of them but most people either already had one, or didn't want another one. Even the LFS was overrun with them.
In an enemy to split is a rare occurrence they usually grow Mass becoming big and then maybe it will split I have my name on a list for an anatomy if it's splits I want it but I do not trust them they've killed lots of coral and this Anatomy is gone five weeks without setting its foot I feed it everyday in the hopes it will stay in the past 3 days and has not moved hoping it has found it's Utopia no more indiscriminate killing of my corals

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubble-tips will split _a_lot_. At the local public aquarium, their tank has been overrun with them - in spite of trading them away to other aquaria! The original ones haven't moved in many years, but the clones (attack of the clones?!) are all over the tank.

Other 'nems are rather less likely to split.

~Bruce

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back