Looking for Frag Tiles

  • Thread starter Thread starter akma
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

akma

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 24, 2008
Messages
669
Reaction score
223
Location
07458
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know where I can buy frag tiles like the ones 4CORAL sells? I think they went under but those larger size tiles would be perfect for what I need.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at both and they dont' have the thin tiles that 4corals have.
 
Are you talking about the "nano modrocks?"
 
Nope, Just the regular frag tiles. The larger size.
 
I'd ask Gooch from the alternative reef. I know he's sold large ceramic tiles in the past.
 
How big are you looking for? I have some 3.5 inch disks I had custom made.
 
SORRY THESE JUST SOLD OUT! Hit up Tom @ SoCal Tropical Fish Outlet if you need any.
I have three dozen 3" disks and one dozen 3.75" disks that are left over from a special order batch I made last month. That is it. I sent Tom from SOCAL Tropical Fish Outlet 30 dozen of each. I would guess he has some left. I believe he has them by now but maybe monday or tuesday for sure. I only make these a few times a year.



We are getting molds made for a 3" square tile and a 4" square tile. They are actually finished. I am just waiting for them to be delivered. I may get round molds made eventually but right now there is no plans for that.


We do have a few boxes of two inch disks that come 125 to a box for $30. And 1.5" disks that come 250 per box for $52.50.

Scott
The Alternative Reef
 
Last edited:
Nice.
m and m are these squares or round? I'm looking for tiles so I can mount my acans all next to each other.
Gooch any ideas when the squares are going to be done?
 
Nice.

Gooch any ideas when the squares are going to be done?

I had hoped to have them about three months ago but the guy that makes my molds had an equipment malfunction and they just finished them. Kind of a long story but I will shorten it up. The guy that made them delivered them to a guy that has to deliver them to another guy that has to ship them to me. Or I can drive eight hours round trip to go pick them up. If we can not work something out soon I may have to do that. As for availability. I already have a a bunch presold to commercial vendors that I have to supply first before I can build inventory for sale. But once we get cranking on them it shouldn't take long. I do not even know if the four inch molds will work until I try it.

The three inchers should be really nice. I will offer them scored and unscored. The four inchers will only be unscored. I am hoping they will be about an 1/8" thick so they should be easy to cut through with a saw or wire cutters.

I am also sold out of the large disks that I had. Sorry. Hit up M&M or SoCal if you need them.

Scott
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new